Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Denny McClain and Bob Gibson jam
I don't know why this struck me as so funny, in an absurdist sort of way. The era, I guess. The World Series had just ended 3 days prior to this, with McClain's team beating Gibson's Cards. They both won the MVP and the CY in their respective leagues that year.

Go to about the 2:35 mark, unless you want to sit through McClain's organ rendition of The Girl From Ipanema
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
That was great. Can you imagine any pitcher winning 30 games these days? Well, for that matter, no one has the balls of Bob Gibson any more either.
I'm 100% fine with this. I'm just glad there's an actual plan in place that isn't, "Let's load up on retreads and hope we get lucky." I'm a little tired of that plan.

Butcher
Hammond X-77...pure Cheese Wiz. Gotta love it.
this is one of the strangest things I've seen in a long time, total cheese for sure!!
The Baseball Enthusiast
It's GONNA happen!!!