Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kiss Winning the NL Central Goodbye
I doubt it would change the quality of the product on the field, though substance abuse by our players might go up. Let the good times roll...
Just saying but they were booing Holliday just a couple of weeks ago.
Yup. They do their fair share of booing, too.
<!--quoteo(post=99764:date=Jun 3 2010, 02:18 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Jun 3 2010, 02:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Yup. They do their fair share of booing, too.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

All fans of all teams do. Everywhere. All the time.
Wang.
Pretty much four guys are off limits from booing in St. Louis. Carpenter, Wainwright, Molina and Pujols. The rest are fair game.
You want to know what I hate about Cardinals fans? They don't know shit about baseball.

All they know is that Albert Pujols hits a shitton of home runs, and they live under this constant illusion that Yadier Molina is the greatest catcher in the history of everything. Until, you know, they get a new catcher. Then he'll be the greatest catcher ever.
<!--quoteo(post=100326:date=Jun 7 2010, 09:37 PM:name=Gracie)-->QUOTE (Gracie @ Jun 7 2010, 09:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->You want to know what I hate about Cardinals fans? They don't know shit about baseball.

All they know is that Albert Pujols hits a shitton of home runs, and they live under this constant illusion that Yadier Molina is the greatest catcher in the history of everything. Until, you know, they get a new catcher. Then he'll be the greatest catcher ever.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yadier Molina is somewhat inconsistent with a bat in his hands & has below average lind drive power, but he is undoubtedly the best defensive catcher of the last 5 years in MLB. I personally take great pleasure in watching St. Louis lose, and I think their fans drink a little too much of the red Kool-Aid. That said, valuing Molina too highly isn't a problem for them. Any team not playing in Minnesota (Mauer) would be darn lucky to have him. He's certainly a top 3 in baseball position player, like it or not. Soto isn't in his league, even with his outstanding rookie campaign... so I think as Cubs' fans we shouldn't judge St. Loius fans their love of Molina. There are so MANY better things to judge them for. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]
"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods." Albert Einstein
I'd take McCann or Martin over Molina any day of the week.
<!--quoteo(post=100360:date=Jun 8 2010, 09:39 AM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Jun 8 2010, 09:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'd take McCann or Martin over Molina any day of the week.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Have you paid any attention to their recent numbers? Martin has been pretty shitty the last two years. McCann is great, but having a down year. Yadi is pretty fucking good. I think I'd also rather have McCann for a number of factors, but the gap is not that great between the two. Sometimes you just have to give respect where respect is due.
<!--quoteo(post=100371:date=Jun 8 2010, 10:30 AM:name=Coldneck)-->QUOTE (Coldneck @ Jun 8 2010, 10:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=100360:date=Jun 8 2010, 09:39 AM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Jun 8 2010, 09:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'd take McCann or Martin over Molina any day of the week.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Have you paid any attention to their recent numbers? Martin has been pretty shitty the last two years. McCann is great, but having a down year. Yadi is pretty fucking good. I think I'd also rather have McCann for a number of factors, but the gap is not that great between the two. Sometimes you just have to give respect where respect is due.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
McCann is still OPSing at 800+ while his OBP is 30 points higher than last season. I'm not changing my mind on him.

Martin, on the other hand, I knew had a poor 2009. I didn't realize how mediocre he's been this season as well, but I think he can turn it around. I'll give you Molina over Martin for now.

That said, I just don't trust any Cards players not named Pujols once they leave STL. Molina does nothing for me aside from his defensive game.