Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hawk
http://www.csnchicago.com/pages/soundboard

I hate him as much as anyone... but this is kind of funny.
You could replace him with that soundboard during a broadcast and nobody would know the difference.
They should add one that is just silence when he's pissed.
<!--quoteo(post=99834:date=Jun 4 2010, 10:22 AM:name=The Dude)-->QUOTE (The Dude @ Jun 4 2010, 10:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->They should add one that is just silence when he's pissed.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
To me, it doesn't get any better than when Hawk is sulking and giving the audience the silent treatment. I tune in mostly for this reason.
<!--quoteo(post=99833:date=Jun 4 2010, 10:20 AM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Jun 4 2010, 10:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->You could replace him with that soundboard during a broadcast and nobody would know the difference.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

The audience would complain that the show was over their heads if Hawk was replaced.

Hawk immediately dumbs down any broadcast to the lowest common denominator. Just think about what that means for a group of White Sox fans. Any words over 2 syllables would be off limits. Hence the catch phrases: He gone. Gas. The ball game is over.

Beyond his homer attitude and impetuous behavior, my biggest grip with White Sox fans over Hawk is his history with the White Sox.

The guy never played from them. His biggest connection to the team was when he went from their announcer (1982-1985) to GM in 1986. Hawk's accomplishments as GM. Well, he traded some rookie named Bobby Bonilla for Jose "you have to be a good pitcher to lose 19 games" DeLeon. In addition, he fired Tony LaRussa who upon leaving Chicago, distributing PEDs to players and led the As to the ALCS 3 times. Oh, on the field as a GM, Hawk guided the White Sox to a 72-90 record, a mere 20 games back.

Why the hell would any fan want this guy any where around your team after that crap?
Who thinks having 43 (FORTY THREE) catch phrases is a good idea?
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
<!--quoteo(post=99844:date=Jun 4 2010, 11:15 AM:name=BT)-->QUOTE (BT @ Jun 4 2010, 11:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Who thinks having 43 (FORTY THREE) catch phrases is a good idea?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'm still working on my first.
<!--quoteo(post=99840:date=Jun 4 2010, 11:31 AM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Jun 4 2010, 11:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=99834:date=Jun 4 2010, 10:22 AM:name=The Dude)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Dude @ Jun 4 2010, 10:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->They should add one that is just silence when he's pissed.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
To me, it doesn't get any better than when Hawk is sulking and giving the audience the silent treatment. I tune in mostly for this reason.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I love hearing the MLB Tonight guys joke on this.

"Boy, I wish I could cuss right now"
He's a douche. Almost every time a national broadcast covers their highlights, they always make snide remarks about his fits in the background.
They forgot the one he says off air:
"you can put it in my ass....YEEEEEES!"
Fat Bastard is an immensely obese, hardly able to walk (weighing a metric ton) gardener and henchman hailing from Scotland. His extreme size endows Fat Bastard with super-human strength as exhibited by his prowess in the Sumo ring from Goldmember. This makes him a formidable enemy for Austin Powers. Fat Bastard is noted for his foul temper, his frequent flatulence, his vulgar and revolting bad manners and his unusual eating habits, which include taste for Human infants (which he calls "the other other white meat") or anything that looks like a baby, e.g. small people. Fat Bastard has been a regular at Cub games since the early 80's when he tried several times (unsuccessfully) to eat the visiting San Diego Chicken.