Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crazy Heart...
I loved it...

I love Jeff Bridges, and always thought he was underrated. His ability to embody these profoundly American icons and characters is really remarkable. More so as he's gotten older.

In any case...everybody was great. Maggie Gyllenhaal and Colin Farrell were terrific.

A good story.
I loved it as well.
The movie was above average, but it would have been just average if not for Bridges' performance. I especially liked how the father-son relationship and romantic sub-plots avoided the usual Hollywood feelgood conventions. I'd say this was a solid 3.5/5.
<!--quoteo(post=100051:date=Jun 5 2010, 06:23 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Jun 5 2010, 06:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->The movie was above average, but it would have been just average if not for Bridges' performance. I especially liked how the father-son relationship and romantic sub-plots avoided the usual Hollywood feelgood conventions. I'd say this was a solid 3.5/5.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You'd give Jesus a B+ for charisma.

Take a walk.
<!--quoteo(post=100053:date=Jun 5 2010, 07:08 PM:name=Rappster)-->QUOTE (Rappster @ Jun 5 2010, 07:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=100051:date=Jun 5 2010, 06:23 PM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Jun 5 2010, 06:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->The movie was above average, but it would have been just average if not for Bridges' performance. I especially liked how the father-son relationship and romantic sub-plots avoided the usual Hollywood feelgood conventions. I'd say this was a solid 3.5/5.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Take a walk.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I'd give the gnostic Jesus a solid A though for existentialism.
<!--quoteo(post=100057:date=Jun 5 2010, 07:39 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Jun 5 2010, 07:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=100053:date=Jun 5 2010, 07:08 PM:name=Rappster)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rappster @ Jun 5 2010, 07:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=100051:date=Jun 5 2010, 06:23 PM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Jun 5 2010, 06:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->The movie was above average, but it would have been just average if not for Bridges' performance. I especially liked how the father-son relationship and romantic sub-plots avoided the usual Hollywood feelgood conventions. I'd say this was a solid 3.5/5.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Take a walk.
I'd give the gnostic Jesus a solid A though for existentialism.

You lost me...remember, I've got a "J" on my dog tags.
This movie is about KB right?
I loved it too
<!--quoteo(post=104750:date=Jul 9 2010, 03:29 AM:name=juli888)-->QUOTE (juli888 @ Jul 9 2010, 03:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->It is one of the most beautiful stories!!! I like to look it...<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I like to look it too, Juli. I like to look the hell out it. I'm looking it right now.
Wang.
[Image: piniellanewsconf.jpg]

Look it
I picture a pissed-off Amazon bitch; uncontrollable, disobedient, boldly resisting any kind of emotional shackles...angrily begging for more ejaculate. -KB

Showing your teeth is a sign of weakness in primates. Whenever someone smiles at me, all I see is a chimpanzee begging for its life. - Dwight

RIP Sarge