Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pixies vs. Arcade Fire
My gf has offered to buy me tickets to either the Pixies or Arcade Fire and I can't decide which ones to get. Pixies are playing Doolittle (my favorite album) and they're going to be at the cooler venue. Arcade Fire is playing with Spoon. I've already seen Pixies and Arcade Fire live. Should I see the old, fat band playing my all-time favorites or the young sexy band whose new album may or may not suck?
<!--quoteo(post=100159:date=Jun 7 2010, 08:21 AM:name=Dirk)-->QUOTE (Dirk @ Jun 7 2010, 08:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->My gf has offered to buy me tickets to either the Pixies or Arcade Fire and I can't decide which ones to get. Pixies are playing Doolittle (my favorite album) and they're going to be at the cooler venue. Arcade Fire is playing with Spoon. I've already seen Pixies and Arcade Fire live. Should I see the old, fat band playing my all-time favorites or the young sexy band whose new album may or may not suck?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

My assumption is that you will have a much longer window of opportunity to see Arcade Fire in the future. I would go see the Pixies.
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
<!--quoteo(post=100162:date=Jun 7 2010, 08:29 AM:name=BT)-->QUOTE (BT @ Jun 7 2010, 08:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=100159:date=Jun 7 2010, 08:21 AM:name=Dirk)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dirk @ Jun 7 2010, 08:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->My gf has offered to buy me tickets to either the Pixies or Arcade Fire and I can't decide which ones to get. Pixies are playing Doolittle (my favorite album) and they're going to be at the cooler venue. Arcade Fire is playing with Spoon. I've already seen Pixies and Arcade Fire live. Should I see the old, fat band playing my all-time favorites or the young sexy band whose new album may or may not suck?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

My assumption is that you will have a much longer window of opportunity to see Arcade Fire in the future. I would go see the Pixies.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I concur.
Wang.
Unless Arcade Fire breaks up or something.

But, yeah, I have no attachment to them and have always loved the Pixies, so my choice would be easy.
love them both but if i'd already seen the pixies i think i'd go arcade fire
Life is a bitch, but she's totally doable.
As mentioned, take the Pixies and hit up the AF sometime in the future. You can't go wrong with either though.
#17 Mark Grace for the HOF

<!--quoteo(post=100170:date=Jun 7 2010, 10:02 AM:name=liner)-->QUOTE (liner @ Jun 7 2010, 10:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->love them both but if i'd already seen the pixies i think i'd go arcade fire<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
But I've also seen Arcade Fire.
<!--quoteo(post=100175:date=Jun 7 2010, 09:37 AM:name=Dirk)-->QUOTE (Dirk @ Jun 7 2010, 09:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=100170:date=Jun 7 2010, 10:02 AM:name=liner)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (liner @ Jun 7 2010, 10:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->love them both but if i'd already seen the pixies i think i'd go arcade fire<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
But I've also seen Arcade Fire.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
i know. i haven't actually been able to see either of them but i think my leaning towards going to see arcade fire instead is based on the fact that i've seen the pixies, on video, live lots. plus i have a bunch of shows on cd. don't get me wrong, from past to present all great stuff. i've only seen a few clips of AF and they blew me away. the people saying, since they're much younger, that they'd wait to see AF later and check out the pixies while you can but you never know with bands these days. again, i really love them both but i honestly think AF would be a better show.
Life is a bitch, but she's totally doable.
Pixies. I saw them a few years ago. One of the best shows I've ever seen.
Pixes are finally coming to Vegas in the fall. Now I just have to hope Arcade Fire does the same. Just give her some insane pleasure. Maybe she'll let you go to both.
Doolittle is my #2 favorite album of all time. They are great live too. Go see the Pixies.