Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stephen Strasburg
<!--quoteo(post=100475:date=Jun 8 2010, 08:04 PM:name=Rappster)-->QUOTE (Rappster @ Jun 8 2010, 08:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=100473:date=Jun 8 2010, 07:51 PM:name=Clapp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clapp @ Jun 8 2010, 07:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Struck out the side the last 2 innings. Going to be done with 7 innings, 14 K, 0 BB. Yeah, I'd say he's okay.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Motherfucker can actually beat the Pirates...we should trade someone for him.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

What makes you think the Cubs offense could score more than 2 runs or that the bullpen could hold the damage to 2 runs?
<!--quoteo(post=100475:date=Jun 8 2010, 09:04 PM:name=Rappster)-->QUOTE (Rappster @ Jun 8 2010, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=100473:date=Jun 8 2010, 07:51 PM:name=Clapp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clapp @ Jun 8 2010, 07:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Struck out the side the last 2 innings. Going to be done with 7 innings, 14 K, 0 BB. Yeah, I'd say he's okay.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Howry?
This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
<!--quoteo(post=100477:date=Jun 8 2010, 08:22 PM:name=Kid)-->QUOTE (Kid @ Jun 8 2010, 08:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=100475:date=Jun 8 2010, 09:04 PM:name=Rappster)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rappster @ Jun 8 2010, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=100473:date=Jun 8 2010, 07:51 PM:name=Clapp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clapp @ Jun 8 2010, 07:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Struck out the side the last 2 innings. Going to be done with 7 innings, 14 K, 0 BB. Yeah, I'd say he's okay.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Howry?
And throw in Theriot too.
The blackout rules are insane. Fortunately, I think I only have the Nationals and Orioles. But the point is, I couldn't watch those games, regardless--and it's not like I'm going to make a 5 to 6 hour road trip to catch a game absent them being on my MLB package.
I'm 100% fine with this. I'm just glad there's an actual plan in place that isn't, "Let's load up on retreads and hope we get lucky." I'm a little tired of that plan.

Butcher
<!--quoteo(post=100485:date=Jun 8 2010, 08:39 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Jun 8 2010, 08:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=100477:date=Jun 8 2010, 08:22 PM:name=Kid)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kid @ Jun 8 2010, 08:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=100475:date=Jun 8 2010, 09:04 PM:name=Rappster)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rappster @ Jun 8 2010, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=100473:date=Jun 8 2010, 07:51 PM:name=Clapp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clapp @ Jun 8 2010, 07:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Struck out the side the last 2 innings. Going to be done with 7 innings, 14 K, 0 BB. Yeah, I'd say he's okay.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Howry?
Can we give them Neifi?
<!--quoteo(post=100488:date=Jun 8 2010, 08:41 PM:name=funkster)-->QUOTE (funkster @ Jun 8 2010, 08:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=100485:date=Jun 8 2010, 08:39 PM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Jun 8 2010, 08:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=100477:date=Jun 8 2010, 08:22 PM:name=Kid)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kid @ Jun 8 2010, 08:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=100475:date=Jun 8 2010, 09:04 PM:name=Rappster)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rappster @ Jun 8 2010, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=100473:date=Jun 8 2010, 07:51 PM:name=Clapp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clapp @ Jun 8 2010, 07:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Struck out the side the last 2 innings. Going to be done with 7 innings, 14 K, 0 BB. Yeah, I'd say he's okay.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Howry?
Can we give them Neifi?
Yes, and we probably can swing a sign and trade with Grudz right now as well to sweeten the deal.
<!--quoteo(post=100486:date=Jun 8 2010, 08:39 PM:name=Lance)-->QUOTE (Lance @ Jun 8 2010, 08:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->The blackout rules are insane. Fortunately, I think I only have the Nationals and Orioles. But the point is, I couldn't watch those games, regardless--and it's not like I'm going to make a 5 to 6 hour road trip to catch a game absent them being on my MLB package.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Many years ago the blackout rules were meant to protect ticket sales. Now they're meant to promote television revenue. The idea is that you'll put pressure on your local station to carry your team's television package.
<!--quoteo(post=100505:date=Jun 8 2010, 10:19 PM:name=jstraw)-->QUOTE (jstraw @ Jun 8 2010, 10:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=100486:date=Jun 8 2010, 08:39 PM:name=Lance)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Lance @ Jun 8 2010, 08:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->The blackout rules are insane. Fortunately, I think I only have the Nationals and Orioles. But the point is, I couldn't watch those games, regardless--and it's not like I'm going to make a 5 to 6 hour road trip to catch a game absent them being on my MLB package.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Many years ago the blackout rules were meant to protect ticket sales. Now they're meant to promote television revenue. The idea is that you'll put pressure on your local station to carry your team's television package.
Yeah. Sometimes they make sense and sometimes they don't. In Lance's case, I think it's relatively reasonable to think that southern Virginia cable companies could carry MASN (the Nats and Orioles station).

Expecting Charlotte, NC to carry either MASN or the Reds station is outrageous, but both (not to mention Atlanta)? That's just nuts.
This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
He's really good.

What's annoying the piss out of me are all the people on the Internet ready to anoint him as the best pitcher in baseball after one start. Give the kid some time to get shelled. It'll happen.

The Nats are lucky to have him.
Fuck. This kid might have the nastiest pure stuff in the league. If he doesn't get hurt, he could have an amazing career.
I just saw the highlights and he was fucking sick. Hit 101 twice.
<!--quoteo(post=100536:date=Jun 8 2010, 11:05 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Jun 8 2010, 11:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Fuck. This kid might have the nastiest pure stuff in the league. If he doesn't get hurt, he could have an amazing career.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

The same was said about Prior and Wood...I am going to wait until he has thrown more than 1 game before I anoint him a HOFer.
<!--quoteo(post=100570:date=Jun 9 2010, 10:49 AM:name=Runnys)-->QUOTE (Runnys @ Jun 9 2010, 10:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=100536:date=Jun 8 2010, 11:05 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Jun 8 2010, 11:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Fuck. This kid might have the nastiest pure stuff in the league. If he doesn't get hurt, he could have an amazing career.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

The same was said about Prior and Wood...I am going to wait until he has thrown more than 1 game before I anoint him a HOFer.
I agree, but that being said- I think his stuff is so good, the only way he isn't one of the best pitchers in baseball for the next ten years would be injuries or he pulls a Rick Ankiel and forgets how to throw strikes.
Great stuff! I'll just wait to give his HOF seat until he pitches against a good team. Though the Cubbies could use him with their Pirates trouble...
#17 Mark Grace for the HOF

<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Stephen Strasburg's phenomenal rookie season has hit a roadblock.

Strasburg was scratched from tonight's start at Nationals Park against the Atlanta Braves, as Nationals general manager Mike Rizzo made the decision after Strasburg had trouble getting loose in the bullpen before the game.

Strasburg paused during his warmups and, after consulting with catcher Ivan Rodriguez and pitching coach Steve McCatty, ceased his throwing and left the bullpen about 15 minutes before game time. Rizzo told news reporters during Tuesday's game that Strasburg was scratched for precautionary reasons and X-rays and an MRI are planned.

Long reliever Miguel Batista started the game in Strasburg's place. Rizzo termed the move "erring on the side of caution" and did not specify if the concern was with Strasburg's elbow or shoulder.

"He's never had this workload before. I made the executive decision of saying if you can't get loose, I'm not going to let you pitch," Rizzo said on the Nationals' Mid-Atlantic Sports Network broadcast. "He hates to disappoint fans, but that's my call I have to make. "

Strasburg has pitched 54 1/3 innings at the major league level this season and was coming off a 97-pitch outing in his last start, when he gave up three earned runs in 5 2/3 innings and beat the Cincinnati Reds. Including his stints at Class AA and Class AAA, Strasburg has pitched 109 2/3 innings, and the Nationals aimed to end his rookie season after he reached 160 total innings.

"As we have throughout the process, we're being very careful with him," Rizzo said. "He wants the ball every fifth day, but it's my job to protect him."

Rizzo indicated there were no complications in his normal side session two days after beating the Reds.

Overall, he is 5-2 with a 2.32 ERA with the Nationals, and has struck out 75 batters in 54 1/3 innings.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Link