Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I couldn't possibly hate this team any more
I liked the 2009 Cubs team more than this team -- and that's saying a lot.

Fuck this team right in the asshole. Big bunch of fucking bitches.
It's really sad. What I want to see is crowds similar to the Pirates. That's the only thing that will get their attention. Otherwise, it's just one big festival celebrating a pile of shit.
I'm 100% fine with this. I'm just glad there's an actual plan in place that isn't, "Let's load up on retreads and hope we get lucky." I'm a little tired of that plan.

Butcher
I'm serious...firesale. There really is no point to keeping the majority of these people.
<!--quoteo(post=101055:date=Jun 12 2010, 06:26 PM:name=funkster)-->QUOTE (funkster @ Jun 12 2010, 06:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'm serious...firesale. There really is no point to keeping the majority of these people.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I don't want Hendry to be at the helm for a firesale. Whoever our next GM should head up the new direction of this team -- and hopefully that isn't Hendry.
<!--quoteo(post=101057:date=Jun 12 2010, 06:28 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Jun 12 2010, 06:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=101055:date=Jun 12 2010, 06:26 PM:name=funkster)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (funkster @ Jun 12 2010, 06:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'm serious...firesale. There really is no point to keeping the majority of these people.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I don't want Hendry to be at the helm for a firesale. Whoever our next GM should head up the new direction of this team -- and hopefully that isn't Hendry.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

The only problem is it's incredibly difficult to bring in a new GM mid season. Hendry is going to be here till the end of the season and veterans in trades have the most value at the trade deadline.
<!--quoteo(post=101058:date=Jun 12 2010, 06:45 PM:name=Scarey)-->QUOTE (Scarey @ Jun 12 2010, 06:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=101057:date=Jun 12 2010, 06:28 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Jun 12 2010, 06:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=101055:date=Jun 12 2010, 06:26 PM:name=funkster)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (funkster @ Jun 12 2010, 06:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'm serious...firesale. There really is no point to keeping the majority of these people.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

The only problem is it's incredibly difficult to bring in a new GM mid season. Hendry is going to be here till the end of the season and veterans in trades have the most value at the trade deadline.
Yeah as usual this team is between caught a rock and a hard place. Imagine that.
<!--quoteo(post=101055:date=Jun 12 2010, 05:26 PM:name=funkster)-->QUOTE (funkster @ Jun 12 2010, 05:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'm serious...firesale. There really is no point to keeping the majority of these people.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
The problem is we have some guys that could be borderline impossible to move(for any sort of good return & without paying the majority of the contracts were trading away at least).

We're stuck with most of this. So drink heavily.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=101061:date=Jun 12 2010, 06:49 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Jun 12 2010, 06:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=101055:date=Jun 12 2010, 05:26 PM:name=funkster)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (funkster @ Jun 12 2010, 05:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'm serious...firesale. There really is no point to keeping the majority of these people.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
The problem is we have some guys that could be borderline impossible to move(for any sort of good return & without paying the majority of the contracts were trading away at least).

We're stuck with most of this. So drink heavily.

We are screwed with Soriano, Z, Fuk, and A-Ram. However, i would think that Lilly, Dempster, Silva, Lee could bring us something decent considering their contracts. Dempster's isn't a ridiculous contract.
<!--quoteo(post=101058:date=Jun 12 2010, 06:45 PM:name=Scarey)-->QUOTE (Scarey @ Jun 12 2010, 06:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=101057:date=Jun 12 2010, 06:28 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Jun 12 2010, 06:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=101055:date=Jun 12 2010, 06:26 PM:name=funkster)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (funkster @ Jun 12 2010, 06:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'm serious...firesale. There really is no point to keeping the majority of these people.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Wasn't Hendry himself brought in mid-season?
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
<!--quoteo(post=101069:date=Jun 12 2010, 08:28 PM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ Jun 12 2010, 08:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=101058:date=Jun 12 2010, 06:45 PM:name=Scarey)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Scarey @ Jun 12 2010, 06:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=101057:date=Jun 12 2010, 06:28 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Jun 12 2010, 06:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=101055:date=Jun 12 2010, 06:26 PM:name=funkster)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (funkster @ Jun 12 2010, 06:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'm serious...firesale. There really is no point to keeping the majority of these people.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Wasn't Hendry himself brought in mid-season?
He was promoted mid-season. If you presume that there will be a new GM, do you want to limit Hendry's replacement to people already in the system?
This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
If Ricketts has a outstanding GM hire to make...I'll take it yesterday and his new or interim manager along with him...and the fire sale. It's time to blow this shit up.
I expect no major changes until the offseason, except for maybe moving Lilly and possibly Nady. Don't expect anything more than that, because that isn't how the Cubs operate and the contracts are too much of an impediment. Hendry's days are numbered, however, and the same goes for Lou. Of this I am sure. It just won't happen until October 3rd. It is going to be a painful few years going forward, just like this one but with hopefully a younger core to build around, but it still won't be a full-on rebuilding process.
<!--quoteo(post=101075:date=Jun 12 2010, 09:14 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Jun 12 2010, 09:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I expect no major changes until the offseason, except for maybe moving Lilly and possibly Nady. Don't expect anything more than that, because that isn't how the Cubs operate and the contracts are too much of an impediment. Hendry's days are numbered, however, and the same goes for Lou. Of this I am sure. It just won't happen until October 3rd. It is going to be a painful few years going forward, just like this one but with hopefully a younger core to build around, but it still won't be a full-on rebuilding process.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Oh, I know. I'm just say I'd celebrate if they did it now.
What do the prospects in next year's draft look like? We are playing for draft position now!
<!--quoteo(post=101078:date=Jun 12 2010, 09:40 PM:name=Runnys)-->QUOTE (Runnys @ Jun 12 2010, 09:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->What do the prospects in next year's draft look like? We are playing for draft position now!<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

What's it matter if we're just going to draft a guy 3 rounds ahead of his projected slot in the first round?