Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So...another team
<!--quoteo(post=103256:date=Jun 27 2010, 02:33 PM:name=CUB5)-->QUOTE (CUB5 @ Jun 27 2010, 02:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->If I was going to watch another team it would have to be an AL team. I know the NL teams too well and hate them all equally. Maybe Oakland? They are always auditioning their great talent for other teams to take off their hands.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

That would be depressing to see all the talent being traded off all the time though.
I'm trying to figure out a second team to follow... My local FSN is Southwest, so I sometimes watch Rangers games but I don't have a real attachment to the team.

The list I'm attempting to choose from:

Rangers
Braves
Rockies
Giants
Rays
Twins
Mariners
I find the Twins and Rays pretty agreeable.

If you want some more misery, you can always go with the Indians.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." - George Carlin 

"That was some of the saddest stuff I've ever read. Fuck cancer and AIDS, ignorance is the scourge of the land." - tom v

I can't ever get into rooting for another team. Not out of principle or anything, I just can't. But I think the Twins and the Angels both generally do things in a likable way.
I used to like the Red Sox and I was huge Pedro fan during his heyday with them. I felt a certain kinship with the team and their fans. Moments after they won it all, I started to dislike them. Now I pretty much hate them.

There are teams I don't hate, but if I'm not watching the Cubs, I'm not watching baseball.
If I'm watching baseball, it's the Cubs, even this miserable team.

Made the comment last year, that the 2009 Cubs team were a team even its mother wouldn't love and I attended 62 games for that after birth of a team. I'm not at that level of loathing yet with this team but I haven't attended even a third the number of games so far.

Last year, the expectations for the team were significantly higher. All pundits had the Cubs winning the Central. This year, the expectations have been lower and the play has followed suit.