Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Octavio Dotel vs. the Cubs
Last night, as I watched Dotel strike out the side in the 9th inning, I wondered what Dotel's splits were against us versus the rest of baseball. As I suspected, it's kind of sad.

<b>Vs. Cubs</b>
1.29 ERA 7IP 14K 0.714 WHIP

<b>Vs. Everyone Else</b>
6.13 ERA 22IP 25K 1.82 WHIP

Of course, you could probably perform this same exercise with every member of the Pirates vs. the Cubs. What is it with this fucking team?
I hate his fucking guts. He reminds me so much of Marmol, but evil.
Bucs ERA is 5.26 including the Cubs. Excluding their stints against the Cubs, it jumps to 5.64.

Cubs have only scored 28 runs in 10 games against these jerks. Assumed all 28 runs were earned. As I can't imagine the Cubs scoring of an error against this team.

Excluding the 2 games in which the Cubs scored 6 runs in each, the Cubs scored 16 runs in 8 games. Talk about pathetic. 6 of the games have been lost by 1 run.
Is it just me or does Dotel almost resemble Pedro Martinez? Looks wise not pitching wise....
<!--quoteo(post=103570:date=Jun 29 2010, 02:20 PM:name=funkster)-->QUOTE (funkster @ Jun 29 2010, 02:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Is it just me or does Dotel almost resemble Pedro Martinez? Looks wise not pitching wise....<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
It's just you.
Eat it.
Oooh...next, do the Cubs stats against pitchers making their first appearance in MLB.
<!--quoteo(post=103599:date=Jun 29 2010, 06:56 PM:name=dk123)-->QUOTE (dk123 @ Jun 29 2010, 06:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Oooh...next, do the Cubs stats against pitchers making their first appearance in MLB.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

If the rook is a soft tosser with a fastball clocking at right around 90 mph, you can expect 6-7 innings of 1 run ball.
Pirates vs Cubs - 8-3
Pirates vs the rest of MLB - 18-48

Nearly one third of their entire season's wins have come against the Cubs.
I got nothin'.

Andy