Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let Me In
I am a big fan of the original (Let The Right One In) and feel there was absolutely no need for a US remake. That said, this might be pretty decent after all.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qjavOLdPk1c&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qjavOLdPk1c&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
Looks good to me.
Wang.
Young vampires?
I got nothin'.

Andy
not quite as subtle as the first one. guess we'll see
Life is a bitch, but she's totally doable.
*sigh*
The pleasure is all mine.
Also getting excellent reviews so far, and mostly from critics who loved the original as well. Wonder when the A.V. Club will get around to reviewing this.
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/let_me_in/...#contentReviews
OK. Maybe I'll see it...

I loved the first one, and the setting and mood felt so right. I guess if the remake can improve on the cat scene (the only part of the original I didn't like), it's a win.
Supposedly there is one new scene that adds another dimension to the story and takes things into pretty dark territory, even compared to the original, but we'll see. Anyway, I'm no fan of Reeves as a director, so I'm still sort of expecting to be let down, but my curiosity has gotten the best of me.
Having never seen the original, this one looks real good.
Wang.
There's a couple of intriguing looking horror films coming out this month. Case 39 and My Soul to Take look like they have promise as well. Of course there's Paranormal Activity 2. Another 30 Days of Night movie is coming out, but it doesn't sound nearly as good as the first.

This one looks good as well.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/D5_nKDwR4sk?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/D5_nKDwR4sk?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I'd like to hear your thoughts on any of these Rok if you know about them.
I've kept an eye on all of the above for several months. The trailers for Case 39 (though I like the director Christian Alvart's other work) & My Soul To Take (Wes Craven is done methinks) just didn't grab me, and some of the early buzz isn't good on either. The 30 Days of Night sequel is going straight to DVD if I'm not mistaken and has an entirely new cast, so those could be really bad signs. Monsters, on the other hand, has been highly talked about around the indie festival circuit, and I'm planning on going to a sneak preview next month, so I'm really looking forward to it. It's been compared to District 9 & 28 Days Later in many ways, so that sounds good to me. I need to get another Horror thread going for October like we did last year and start posting trailers of promising movies coming out in theaters and on DVD. That was a fun thread.
<!--quoteo(post=115801:date=Sep 30 2010, 03:45 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Sep 30 2010, 03:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I've kept an eye on all of the above for several months. The trailers for Case 39 (though I like the director Christian Alvart's other work) & My Soul To Take (Wes Craven is done methinks) just didn't grab me, and some of the early buzz isn't good on either. The 30 Days of Night sequel is going straight to DVD if I'm not mistaken and has an entirely new cast, so those could be really bad signs. Monsters, on the other hand, has been highly talked about around the indie festival circuit, and I'm planning on going to a sneak preview next month, so I'm really looking forward to it. It's been compared to District 9 & 28 Days Later in many ways, so that sounds good to me. I need to get another Horror thread going for October like we did last year and start posting trailers of promising movies coming out in theaters and on DVD. That was a fun thread.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

If Case 39 is the Rene Zellwegger movie, then I'm pretty sure it sucks. I think it's been on the shelf for 2 or 3 years, which is NEVER a good sign.
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
also, I have a sneaking suspicion that the "Monsters"trailer is going to end up being misleading. I think the movie was pretty low budget, which leads me to believe it's going to be talky, and more of an indictment on the US Immigration policy than it is a monster movie. I hope I'm wrong, because I would love for it to be good.
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
<!--quoteo(post=116145:date=Oct 4 2010, 03:17 PM:name=BT)-->QUOTE (BT @ Oct 4 2010, 03:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->also, I have a sneaking suspicion that the "Monsters"trailer is going to end up being misleading. I think the movie was pretty low budget, which leads me to believe it's going to be talky, and more of an indictment on the US Immigration policy than it is a monster movie. I hope I'm wrong, because I would love for it to be good.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
It's tough to say, and these ultra low-budget indies (except for the foreign variety) are almost never my cup of tea, unless they are groundbreaking in some way or visually off the wall, but I've been impressed with the across the board praise that Monsters has gotten so far, even in sci-fi/horror circles. Then again, so did House of the Devil last year, and that movie was a gigantic letdown for me, and am convinced that most of the critics out there were being paid to say they loved it.