Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cubs @ Rockies, 14 - 17 April
Great to see 10 hits for this line up with Madrigal, Villar, Frank the Tank, and Gomes having multi-hit games. Cubs were 4-9 with runners in scoring position

Frank the Tank hits his first HR of year

Thompson threw 3.1 of scoreless relief and Steele had 4.1 of starter innings giving up 2 runs.

Oh yeah, the Cubs won 5-2

Cant say if this team is good nor exciting but theyre appear to be trying and beating teams they should be beating.
Cubs kick ass.

Watching the Mastodon in Rockies purple is too weird.
I still havent been able to get through a single game without having to check the lineup at least a couple of times just to figure out where they were in the batting order. This goddamn DH thing is going to take me awhile.
Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them.
Has Ross said when/if he plans to move Suzuki up?
Thought this would be a good series as both teams should be evenly matched - both teams rosters have holes but have the opportunity to be 500 teams with Cubs getting the benefit of playing in division with Pirates and Reds.

Unfortunately, 13 Cub hits tonight werent enough to overcome weak starting pitching and lack of power in lineup. Leiter did great for a couple innings then started getting hit and gave up 7 earned runs combined over the 3rd and 4th innings. Hes a spot starter brought up from AAA but the weakness of starting pitching and lack of power in lineup will likely be recurring themes for this roster. Expecting to hear the reference and term clogging up the base path periodically this season. Believe that was from the 1990s / 2000s Dusty Baker school of baseball who seemed to apply it to non Neifi Perez players / situations.
Quote:Watching the Mastodon in Rockies purple is too weird.
lmao i totally forgot about this.  Was it Willis that called him that?
I think it was another hillbilly who used to post here, former BN board member. Forget his name, but it was around that same time when Willis roamed free here.
Those were the days.

I may have been wrong, Suzuki so far has been pretty good.

Suzuki appears to be the consummate professional. Will wait to see how he adjusts when “league figures him out” before his anointed but I’m rarely against the Cubs signing a solid, costly free agent