Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joey Votto
<!--quoteo(post=105599:date=Jul 15 2010, 10:00 AM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Jul 15 2010, 10:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I certainly haven't made any new friends today.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

If it makes you feel any better, whenever I call out your name, I sound just like Burgess Merideth.
I kind of like the idea of a player who hates his division rival, even if it is my team.

With players moving around so much these days, you don't see any more of it. Everyone hangs out in the offseason and chats it up at 1B.

I hate Votto, the Cubs should hate Votto, and I'm glad it's mutual.
People who call me "Kevy" can burn in hell.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." - George Carlin 

"That was some of the saddest stuff I've ever read. Fuck cancer and AIDS, ignorance is the scourge of the land." - tom v

Lighten up, Kevy. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]
I picture a pissed-off Amazon bitch; uncontrollable, disobedient, boldly resisting any kind of emotional shackles...angrily begging for more ejaculate. -KB

Showing your teeth is a sign of weakness in primates. Whenever someone smiles at me, all I see is a chimpanzee begging for its life. - Dwight

RIP Sarge
There's only one person in the world who gets to call me Philly and that's my sister.

Of course my mom does too but pronouces it completely different, so I don't count that because that's the way the short version of my name is pronounced in Italian.
Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them.
<!--quoteo(post=105624:date=Jul 15 2010, 12:55 PM:name=Bricklayer)-->QUOTE (Bricklayer @ Jul 15 2010, 12:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->There's only one person in the world who gets to call me Philly and that's my sister.

Of course my mom does too but pronouces it completely different, so I don't count that because that's the way the short version of my name is pronounced in Italian.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
From here on out I'm calling you Cheesesteak.
<!--quoteo(post=105600:date=Jul 15 2010, 10:01 AM:name=BT)-->QUOTE (BT @ Jul 15 2010, 10:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=105599:date=Jul 15 2010, 10:00 AM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Jul 15 2010, 10:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I certainly haven't made any new friends today.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Don't sweat it Rocky.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
That made me laugh.
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
I go by Mike. My wife likes to call me Mikey every once in awhile. Only some relatives call me Michael.
[Image: lou.jpg]
<!--quoteo(post=105655:date=Jul 15 2010, 05:05 PM:name=Mikey)-->QUOTE (Mikey @ Jul 15 2010, 05:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I go by Mike. My wife likes to call me Mikey every once in awhile. Only some relatives call me Michael.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
That's funny; your wife calls me "Mikey" every once in a while too.

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/devil.gif[/img]
One dick can poke an eye out. A hundred dicks can move mountains.
--Veryzer

Incidentally, they teach folk to hate Chicago in Cincinnati. If it's not Marty Brenneman's dripping disgust with "the Cubbies," it's a radio commercial (I forget for what product" that ends with saying that the only thing that would make Reds fans as happy as his product/service is "beating Chicago." Apparently, we're the Reds' main rival these days.
--Veryzer

<!--quoteo(post=105660:date=Jul 15 2010, 04:14 PM:name=VanSlawAndCottoCheese)-->QUOTE (VanSlawAndCottoCheese @ Jul 15 2010, 04:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Incidentally, they teach folk to hate Chicago in Cincinnati. If it's not Marty Brenneman's dripping disgust with "the Cubbies," it's a radio commercial (I forget for what product" that ends with saying that the only thing that would make Reds fans as happy as his product/service is "beating Chicago." Apparently, we're the Reds' main rival these days.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You know, I really don't give a shit about what other cities and team think about us. I just don't get where it comes from. I'd prefer it if we were hated because we were like the Yankees or something. But hating on us just feels like busting on the special ed kid because he's weak.

I guess it probably comes down to how rabid our fans are and how a bunch of loser douchebags the other teams' fans are. I mean, if you don't like half of your fucking stadium to be filled with Cubs fans then buy tickets to your fucking games and shut the fuck up.
Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them.
<!--quoteo(post=105671:date=Jul 15 2010, 06:00 PM:name=Bricklayer)-->QUOTE (Bricklayer @ Jul 15 2010, 06:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I mean, if you don't like half of your fucking stadium to be filled with Cubs fans<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I think you're onto something with this in terms with where the vitriol comes from.
--Veryzer

I don't mind hating your opponent. In fact, the lovey dovey bullcrap in the NBA makes me sick. I don't want to see opponents hugging it out on the field of play. I don't care what they do in the offseason - that's not so much my problem. But I do have a problem with Votto playing to the lowest class of fans with that sort of schtick. There's no need for that either. Look - he should appreciate any help the Reds could get in having the NL win the ASG. His team is a contender - and this could make the difference for them if they get to the WS. He should have more on his mind than to piss on a Cub player right now. In fact, except on days they are playing against the Cubs, he should really thinks/say nothing of them...

That being said, I always wonder when I hear a comment like this if the media prompted him or baited him... I know this would play well in Cinci.

Paul Sullivan says that Byrd says he talked to Votto more than anyone else at the AS game, and thinks Votto was just kidding.

http://www.bleachernation.com/2010/07/15/s...nd-of-a-douche/
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
<!--quoteo(post=105687:date=Jul 15 2010, 06:19 PM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ Jul 15 2010, 06:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Paul Sullivan says that Byrd says he talked to Votto more than anyone else at the AS game, and thinks Votto was just kidding.

http://www.bleachernation.com/2010/07/15/s...nd-of-a-douche/<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Only because it is coming from Sullivan, I will hold off on believing this until another reporter confirms it. It could just be damage control.