Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toy Story 3
Took the kids to see it on Tuesday. It was fantastic. I'm a total sucker for Pixar movies -- and at least four of them have made me cry. Including this one.
99% freshness rating at Rotten Tomatoes is pretty impressive. I never saw Toy Story 2 and just don't have a lot of motivation to see either of the sequels honestly.
<!--quoteo(post=105626:date=Jul 15 2010, 12:27 PM:name=Scarey)-->QUOTE (Scarey @ Jul 15 2010, 12:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->99% freshness rating at Rotten Tomatoes is pretty impressive. I never saw Toy Story 2 and just don't have a lot of motivation to see either of the sequels honestly.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I'm not sure I'd go out of my way to see it if I didn't have kids.
<!--quoteo(post=105627:date=Jul 15 2010, 12:33 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Jul 15 2010, 12:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=105626:date=Jul 15 2010, 12:27 PM:name=Scarey)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Scarey @ Jul 15 2010, 12:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->99% freshness rating at Rotten Tomatoes is pretty impressive. I never saw Toy Story 2 and just don't have a lot of motivation to see either of the sequels honestly.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

We're seeing it, sans kids.
<!--quoteo(post=105630:date=Jul 15 2010, 12:46 PM:name=jstraw)-->QUOTE (jstraw @ Jul 15 2010, 12:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=105627:date=Jul 15 2010, 12:33 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Jul 15 2010, 12:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=105626:date=Jul 15 2010, 12:27 PM:name=Scarey)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Scarey @ Jul 15 2010, 12:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->99% freshness rating at Rotten Tomatoes is pretty impressive. I never saw Toy Story 2 and just don't have a lot of motivation to see either of the sequels honestly.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

We're seeing it, sans kids.
I would have seen it eventually -- I'm just not sure I would have seen it in the theater or rushed out to see it immediately. The kids got me in the theater, though.
I like pixar movies. From what I'm hearing the third Toy Story installment is even better than the first two.
It was really good. And if you've seen the first 2 or are old enough to appreciate the idea of life moving on, it's touching. Good flick.
I got nothin'.

Andy
I was pleasantly surprised on how much I liked it. Very depressing, like the Dark Knight I wonder if the script was based originally on another idea that adapted to this film.
Saw it today. Liked it.

The happy ending was poignant and moving. Is that what you mean by the film being "very depressing?"
<!--quoteo(post=106077:date=Jul 18 2010, 07:13 PM:name=jstraw)-->QUOTE (jstraw @ Jul 18 2010, 07:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Saw it today. Liked it.

The happy ending was poignant and moving. Is that what you mean by the film being "very depressing?"<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

No I feel bad for the Lotso character.
The Toy Story series is completely intertwined with the memories of my son's earliest moments...watching this one with him, ten years later, was an overwhelmingly emotional experience.

Did I cry?

Yeah...I was a blubbering fool.