Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't look now...
But Aramis is on fucking fire.
Why must he tempt us?
He sure is.

Too little, too late.
Good, get that trade value back up there.
And Marmol strikes out the side.
Only 9 games under.

I am ready for our inevitable 25-5 run. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/spit.gif[/img]
He's my favorite Cub, and I'm glad to see he's starting to perform. Maybe we can get something for him. I'd rather keep him and would be a little upset if he were traded. However, if we can get something good for him, I would get over it.

I've thought Lee has been a bit over rated these past couple years, so I hope he gets traded.
If Angelo had picked McClellin, I would have been expecting to hear by training camp that kid has stage 4 cancer, is actually 5'2" 142 lbs, is a chick who played in a 7 - 0 defensive scheme who only rotated in on downs which were 3 and 34 yds + so is not expecting to play a down in the NFL until the sex change is complete and she puts on another 100 lbs. + but this is Emery's first pick so he'll get a pass with a bit of questioning. - 1060Ivy
I'd much rather trade Lee than Amarmis anyway, but Lee has actually been the shittier of the two over the entire season IMO (I know the stats say otherwise). At least Ramirez has had some hot streaks along the way and carried the team at times. Lee has been completely invisible.
This winning shit is probably a bad thing.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
<!--quoteo(post=105883:date=Jul 16 2010, 04:30 PM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ Jul 16 2010, 04:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->This winning shit is probably a bad thing.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Hamels tomorrow and Halladay on Sunday should fix that.

But I agree. Short of a ridiculous winning streak, getting back to a few games under .500 would be far worse for our future than continuing to suck total ass.
<!--quoteo(post=105883:date=Jul 16 2010, 04:30 PM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ Jul 16 2010, 04:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->This winning shit is probably a bad thing.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

To get to 85 wins (which is no guarantee of the playoffs by ANY stretch the imagination) the Cubs would need to win about 2 of every 3 games from here on out. I really doubt Ricketts is delusional enough to think this team can climb out of that type of hole.

<!--quoteo(post=105885:date=Jul 16 2010, 04:43 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Jul 16 2010, 04:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=105883:date=Jul 16 2010, 04:30 PM:name=Ace)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ace @ Jul 16 2010, 04:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->This winning shit is probably a bad thing.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

But I agree. Short of a ridiculous winning streak, getting back to a few games under .500 would be far worse for our future than continuing to suck total ass.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I don't think we have to worry about that. These last few games have been nice wins and all, but the Phillies aren't exactly in top form at the moment. Injuries and a below average rotation have made them very beatable. Once we start playing mediocre to shitty teams again soon, we will go back to losing on a more consistent basis.
<!--quoteo(post=105890:date=Jul 16 2010, 04:50 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Jul 16 2010, 04:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=105885:date=Jul 16 2010, 04:43 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Jul 16 2010, 04:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=105883:date=Jul 16 2010, 04:30 PM:name=Ace)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ace @ Jul 16 2010, 04:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->This winning shit is probably a bad thing.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I don't think we have to worry about that. These last few games have been nice wins and all, but the Phillies aren't exactly in top form at the moment. Injuries and a below average rotation have made them very beatable. Once we start playing mediocre to shitty teams again soon, we will go back to losing on a more consistent basis.
When is our next series against Pittsburgh? Out of all the weird shit this season, our inability to beat the Pirates has been the weirdest.
<!--quoteo(post=105892:date=Jul 16 2010, 04:52 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Jul 16 2010, 04:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=105890:date=Jul 16 2010, 04:50 PM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Jul 16 2010, 04:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=105885:date=Jul 16 2010, 04:43 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Jul 16 2010, 04:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=105883:date=Jul 16 2010, 04:30 PM:name=Ace)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ace @ Jul 16 2010, 04:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->This winning shit is probably a bad thing.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

When is our next series against Pittsburgh? Out of all the weird shit this season, our inability to beat the Pirates has been the weirdest.
We play the Astros next week, the Brewers early next month, but we don't play the Pirates again until late August. Those games should give us an idea if this is real or not.
The lack of movement across MLB this year (I know, I know, the races are quite close) portends a flurry of late movement. I just hope that the continued availability of many big names does not drive the prices down too low.
One dick can poke an eye out. A hundred dicks can move mountains.
--Veryzer