Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wrigley Field Alcohol Policy
Can I get an explanation on why an ID that clearly says you are 21 is considered invalid because it was issued when you were underage?
I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
Because the vendor is a retard? That's not seriously the policy is it? I sure hope that was just a dumbass guy selling beer, because that can't possibly be their alcohol policy.
Was it expired?
Couldn't get a wristband, nor buy at the vendor. It's "policy" and no, it's not expired. It expires February 2011.

My friend had the same problem, and another kid was complaining to an usher about it because he was 21, with a vertical ID.

There went my dreams of experiencing Old Style, just because.
It's done for the convenience of the vendors so they can quickly glance and deny you. It's bullshit, but they have the right to do it. They can explain it away in terms of people creating fake IDs using actual IDs, but in the end it really just comes down to laziness and not wanting to focus in on the DOB.
<!--quoteo(post=105926:date=Jul 16 2010, 09:16 PM:name=Scarey)-->QUOTE (Scarey @ Jul 16 2010, 09:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->It's done for the convenience of the vendors so they can quickly glance and deny you. It's bullshit, but they have the right to do it. They can explain it away in terms of people creating fake IDs using actual IDs, but in the end it really just comes down to laziness and not wanting to focus in on the DOB.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I can understand that, but it's bullshit. There is clearly a big red strip on my ID that says "21 in 2010".
That's pretty ridiculous. So you couldn't even buy at the foodstands? In their defense though, most of them probably can't read.
Oh no! You were robbed of the privilege of spending $10 on a beer that will be warm after four sips!

I kid, I kid. That's bullshit, homey.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
Call 773-404-2827 and ask for Brad Nagel, Customer Relations Coordinator. I mean it.
I know a lot of places that do that actually...I definitely had to go to the dmv the day I turned 21 so i wouldn't have any trouble getting in bars.
<!--quoteo(post=105924:date=Jul 16 2010, 09:41 PM:name=Destined)-->QUOTE (Destined @ Jul 16 2010, 09:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Couldn't get a wristband, nor buy at the vendor. It's "policy" and no, it's not expired. It expires February 2011.

My friend had the same problem, <b>and another kid was complaining to an usher about it because he was 21, with a vertical ID. </b>

There went my dreams of experiencing Old Style, just because.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
My buddy just turned 21 a few weeks ago, and last week he and I went to Red Robin... they wouldn't serve him alcohol because of a vertical ID as well.
@TheBlogfines
What is a vertical ID?
<!--quoteo(post=106019:date=Jul 17 2010, 07:28 PM:name=dk123)-->QUOTE (dk123 @ Jul 17 2010, 07:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->What is a vertical ID?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
IL, and I assume other states as well, print under 21 IDs vertically as opposed to the normal horizontal ones. Pic is at the top and the info is underneath it.
Did this happen in the bleachers or in the stands?

I know the bleachers have a different policy - all alcohol sales to wristbanded patrons only.

There should be a way around it. Bleacher tix allow individual to walk into the grandstands so purchase beer from a grandstand vendor and walk to the bleachers with it. Security might stop you from entering the bleachers with beers but without wristbands but I doubt it.