Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brewers lodge a complaint
What is it about being the Brewers manager that turns you into a cry-baby bitch?

<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->ATLANTA -- Milwaukee Brewers manager Ken Macha says he has complained to a baseball official about his batters being hit too often by pitches.

Macha says action needs to be taken to protect the Brewers, who have been hit by 47 pitches, the most in the majors.

Macha says he spoke with Bruce Froemming, a former umpire and current special assistant for Major League Baseball's umpiring department.

Atlanta pitchers hit Prince Fielder in consecutive games on Friday and Saturday. On Fielder's first at-bat after hitting a homer Saturday night, Atlanta's Jonny Venters threw a pitch over Fielder's head. Venters was ejected after he hit Fielder on the next pitch.

Braves manager Bobby Cox spoke with Macha in private before Sunday's game but wouldn't comment on the discussion.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

So what are they going to do? Issue a warning to opposing team's pitchers before every game?
Maybe there's a reason. I can't remember a more ostentatious team (particularly with no reason to be since they haven't won a division in almost 30 years). Fielder got thrown at twice yesterday because of the HR he hit. Look at his follow-through, he practically does a Cossack dance.

This is to say nothing of their untucking their jerseys when they hit HR. Or that choreographed move when Fielder jumped on the plate and everyone else fell over on a walk off last year.
This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
I fucking hate the Brewers.
Awwwwww, poor babies.

As Kid pointed out, it's their own fault for acting like cocks, especially Fielder.
<!--quoteo(post=106043:date=Jul 18 2010, 01:36 PM:name=Kid)-->QUOTE (Kid @ Jul 18 2010, 01:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Maybe there's a reason. I can't remember a more ostentatious team (particularly with no reason to be since they haven't won a division in almost 30 years). Fielder got thrown at twice yesterday because of the HR he hit. Look at his follow-through, he practically does a Cossack dance.

This is to say nothing of their untucking their jerseys when they hit HR. Or that choreographed move when Fielder jumped on the plate and everyone else fell over on a walk off last year.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I just see a guy lose his balance and recover.
<!--quoteo(post=106050:date=Jul 18 2010, 03:00 PM:name=jstraw)-->QUOTE (jstraw @ Jul 18 2010, 03:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=106043:date=Jul 18 2010, 01:36 PM:name=Kid)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kid @ Jul 18 2010, 01:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Maybe there's a reason. I can't remember a more ostentatious team (particularly with no reason to be since they haven't won a division in almost 30 years). Fielder got thrown at twice yesterday because of the HR he hit. Look at his follow-through, he practically does a Cossack dance.

This is to say nothing of their untucking their jerseys when they hit HR. Or that choreographed move when Fielder jumped on the plate and everyone else fell over on a walk off last year.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I just see a guy lose his balance and recover.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Ditto, due to a swing that was all for the fences. Points for "Cossack," though.
One dick can poke an eye out. A hundred dicks can move mountains.
--Veryzer

That was an awesome swing.
The Braves are known for playing the game "the right way," so to speak. I think it's a bit militaristic and red-ass, but you really can't argue with their incredible success under the Cox regime. So I can see a team like the Brewers, and Fielder in particular, getting under their skin.

As for Macha and the Brewers, I would have retaliated by drilling Chipper and Hayward <i>hard</i> after Fielder got plunked. They even threw over Fielder's head before the beaning, so Milwaukee has a right to be pissed.

I don't like beanball wars...nobody does. But you've got to protect your own, and if the Brewers have really been hit that often, something has to be done.
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
All the bullshit with Fielder untucking his muumuu is a goddam joke though.
<!--quoteo(post=106063:date=Jul 18 2010, 04:18 PM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ Jul 18 2010, 04:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->That was an awesome swing.
The Braves are known for playing the game "the right way," so to speak. I think it's a bit militaristic and red-ass, but you really can't argue with their incredible success under the Cox regime. So I can see a team like the Brewers, and Fielder in particular, getting under their skin.

As for Macha and the Brewers, I would have retaliated by drilling Chipper and Hayward <i>hard</i> after Fielder got plunked. They even threw over Fielder's head before the beaning, so Milwaukee has a right to be pissed.

I don't like beanball wars...nobody does. But you've got to protect your own, and if the Brewers have really been hit that often, something has to be done.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I love beanball wars. I wish MLB didn't go all pussy and just let the players handle their business like they did in the old days.
Wang.
I agree with Tommy...though true head-hunting is and should be to intolerable.

Since reading The Baseball Codes, I'm convinced that even in this era, about eight out of 10 times, HBP are intentional. I'm convinced that a lot of the time the reason for it is not obvious to the fans, that in many situations where the beef is not between the hitter and the pitcher, in many situations where "obviously, the hitter wouldn't intentionally put that guy on now," they do and convinced that the broadcasters frequently know what's going on and that statements along the lines of "oh, that one got away from him" are usually just them providing the cover. The fans, management and officials don't need to get the messages...the intended recipients do...and do.

I do think there is less adherence to old, unwritten rules due to free agency and less mentoring of younger players. And I agree that pitchers are somewhat more afraid to and less good at pitching inside, protecting the plate, etc...but that this fear and lack of skill is exaggerated.
The Brewers are showboating candy asses, that has been the case since the Fielder/Braun teams have come together. I am starting to hate them more than the Cardinals. Just simply because Braun and Fielders are shit suckers. And fuck Macha "oh my little princesses are getting hit too much.." well tell them to act like professionals on the field and they won't.

As far as the Braves, with my Mom living in ATL I go to a bunch of their games, and yes, they play hardball. Cox doesn't put up with shit. Two years in a row, they went after Soriano for his hot dogging. Sure being a biased fan I was a little ticked, but he deserved it. Then the cubs retaliated (Lilly both times) and that was that. But, Bobby Cox is one of the best if not the best Manager of our generation. He has a decent sized, but not huge payroll and yet has his teams winning about every year. They play hard every night. I very much respect the Braves organization.

Speaking of, Byrd sure did get hit a lot this last series...
Dylan McKay is my hero
Cox is probably the best manager of our era. LaRussa has been innovative, but is more of a strategist than a "run the clubhouse, run the whole organizational chain" type of guy that Cox is.
Torre was in the right place at the right time; there's no doubt that he was perfect for the Yankees at that time, but I have a strong feeling that 50% of all good managers could have won consistently with those players.

To me, Cox is up there with Stengal and McGraw.
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
<!--quoteo(post=106205:date=Jul 19 2010, 01:44 PM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ Jul 19 2010, 01:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Cox is probably the best manager of our era. LaRussa has been innovative, but is more of a strategist than a "run the clubhouse, run the whole organizational chain" type of guy that Cox is.
Torre was in the right place at the right time; there's no doubt that he was perfect for the Yankees at that time, but I have a strong feeling that 50% of all good managers could have won consistently with those players.

To me, Cox is up there with Stengal and McGraw.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

LaRussa's strategery is on par with the Popeil Pocket Fisherman...seemingly innovative, but fucking pointless.
If Angelo had picked McClellin, I would have been expecting to hear by training camp that kid has stage 4 cancer, is actually 5'2" 142 lbs, is a chick who played in a 7 - 0 defensive scheme who only rotated in on downs which were 3 and 34 yds + so is not expecting to play a down in the NFL until the sex change is complete and she puts on another 100 lbs. + but this is Emery's first pick so he'll get a pass with a bit of questioning. - 1060Ivy
God, it was so annoying when Dusty was the manger, and we were playing the Cards to hear the broadcasters say things like "Oh, well now he's bringing in the lefty...the chess match continues" when in reality was like a shouting match between mutes.
If Angelo had picked McClellin, I would have been expecting to hear by training camp that kid has stage 4 cancer, is actually 5'2" 142 lbs, is a chick who played in a 7 - 0 defensive scheme who only rotated in on downs which were 3 and 34 yds + so is not expecting to play a down in the NFL until the sex change is complete and she puts on another 100 lbs. + but this is Emery's first pick so he'll get a pass with a bit of questioning. - 1060Ivy
<!--quoteo(post=106772:date=Jul 21 2010, 04:42 AM:name=bz)-->QUOTE (bz @ Jul 21 2010, 04:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->God, it was so annoying when Dusty was the manger, and we were playing the Cards to hear the broadcasters say things like "Oh, well now he's bringing in the lefty...the chess match continues" when in reality was like a shouting match between mutes.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

What do you have against mutes?