Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
7/25 Cardinals
The ending sucked, but that was one of the most entertaining Cubs games I've ever been to. If only...

BTW, for those that watched, did Ryan really hold the bag at second on the play in the 10th? I didn't think it was even close live, but then I read somewhere the ump got it right.
The thing you need to remember is that all Cardinals fans and all White Sox fans are very bad people. It's a fact that has been scientifically proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. Being a Cubs fan is the only path to rightousness and piousness. Cardinal and White Sox fans exist to be the dark, diabolical forces that oppose us. They are the yin to our yang, the Joker to our Batman, the demon to our angel, the insurgence to our freedom, the oil to our water, the club to our baby seal. Their happiness occurs only in direct conflict with everything that is pure and good in this world.
-Dirk
<!--quoteo(post=107815:date=Jul 25 2010, 09:53 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Jul 25 2010, 09:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=107797:date=Jul 25 2010, 08:27 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Jul 25 2010, 08:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'll bet Theriot is one of the highest selling Cubs shirts in Chicagoland. Every other chick I see at Wrigley is wearing a Theriot shirt. It's embarrassing.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Do most female Cubs fans even know how short he is? My guess is no. Then again, chicks always seem to gravitate toward meatheads.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
He's 5'11" according to his bio, which probably makes him 5'10".
<!--quoteo(post=107907:date=Jul 26 2010, 07:40 AM:name=Giff)-->QUOTE (Giff @ Jul 26 2010, 07:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->The ending sucked, but that was one of the most entertaining Cubs games I've ever been to. If only...

BTW, for those that watched, did Ryan really hold the bag at second on the play in the 10th? I didn't think it was even close live, but then I read somewhere the ump got it right.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

The ump did get it right, but it was very close.
<!--quoteo(post=107907:date=Jul 26 2010, 08:40 AM:name=Giff)-->QUOTE (Giff @ Jul 26 2010, 08:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->The ending sucked, but that was one of the most entertaining Cubs games I've ever been to. If only...

BTW, for those that watched, did Ryan really hold the bag at second on the play in the 10th? I didn't think it was even close live, but then I read somewhere the ump got it right.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
He held the bag. Somehow he kept his back foot on the base before the throw pulled him off. It was pretty close, but the ump got it right.
Fukudome sucks. Schlitter, Russel and Berg left to use, someone was going to give up a long ball. What a shitty ending, especially that spin top swinging at a ball a billion feet out of the strike zone. God he blows.

Thought it was a gutty effort, too bad couldn't complete the sweep. That would have been nice. And by the way, Mr. Poohole owns Dempster.
Dylan McKay is my hero
Any reason Lou opted against bunting over runners in the last few innings? Seemed there was almost always someone on first with no outs the final few innings.
I got nothin'.

Andy
[quote name='Andy' post='107972' date='Jul 26 2010, 11:56 AM']Any reason Lou opted against bunting over runners in the last few innings? Seemed there was almost always someone on first with no outs the final few innings.[/l

Soto was the one of those hitters towards the end, and it would've been kind of a waste to burn him with a bunt when he's been hot lately....plus that would've left it up to theriot to drive in the run, which isn't likely to happen.

I'm not sure if I would've had Colvin move over Fuk either. Maybe, but up until last night, he was hitting the ball pretty hard too.
I'm getting the feeling that willis doesn't care much for Fukudome.
<!--quoteo(post=107987:date=Jul 26 2010, 01:08 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Jul 26 2010, 01:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'm getting the feeling that willis doesn't care much for Fukudome.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You would be correct. Ever since about June or July of 2008, I figured out this dude's act. And that is one of the things that started my turn against Piniella. For no reason, 0.0 reason, did that spinning ballerina (SP?) deserve to be in the fucking two-hole in the NLDS that year. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/shakehead.gif[/img]
Dylan McKay is my hero