Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last time Cubs were better than 8 games back
Maybe it's just me but it seems like the Cubs can't break that 8 games back barrier.

The last time the Cubs were better than 8 games back was 20 June. Back then, the Cubs appeared ready to make a run back. Zambrano had recently returned to the rotation and pitched 7 innings of 1 run baseball. They were in the middle of inter-league schedule but were looking at upcoming winnable series against Mariners, White Sox and Pirates.

Cubs have gone 15-16 since back then and seem to shit the bed every time there seem to be a glimmer of hope at making a run.

Maybe the improbable run that the White Sox have had during this same period is making it that much worse.

It's been a long, shitty year for this Cubs squad - even the mediocrity of the last 31 games feels like complete failure.

Didn't expect a much better than 500 team for year but just damn tired of being 8 games back or worse.

<!--quoteo(post=108113:date=Jul 27 2010, 04:52 AM:name=1060Ivy)-->QUOTE (1060Ivy @ Jul 27 2010, 04:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Maybe it's just me but it seems like the Cubs can't break that 8 games back barrier.

The last time the Cubs were better than 8 games back was 20 June. Back then, the Cubs appeared ready to make a run back. Zambrano had recently returned to the rotation and pitched 7 innings of 1 run baseball. They were in the middle of inter-league schedule but were looking at upcoming winnable series against Mariners, White Sox and Pirates.

Cubs have gone 15-16 since back then and seem to shit the bed every time there seem to be a glimmer of hope at making a run.

Maybe the improbable run that the White Sox have had during this same period is making it that much worse.

It's been a long, shitty year for this Cubs squad - even the mediocrity of the last 31 games feels like complete failure.

Didn't expect a much better than 500 team for year but just damn tired of being 8 games back or worse.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Ok, now work my right nut for a while.
Wang.
If we could play .500 against the Astros and the Pirates, we'd be .500 overall. That's sad on a number of levels.
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
Our record against the Central overall is quite embarrassing, and I believe, the worst intra-division record in all of baseball. Do we even have a winning record against any of our divisional rivals, except the Brewers? That is why we suck.
just give up and stop torturing yourself. I did about 2 months ago.
I gave up on 2010 in July of 2009. This team was going nowhere fast. I thought it was quite obvious.