Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I give up
<!--quoteo(post=109439:date=Aug 3 2010, 12:29 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Aug 3 2010, 12:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'm still enjoying watching Castro play. He, however, might want to abandon ship in about 12-18 months.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I'm really looking forward to watching Diamond pitch tonight. I think the guy has a ton of upside, but I won't hold my breath. Aside from that and Castro, some brief glimpses of talent by Colvin and Cashner, I'm not sure the future is so bright. I really hope I'm wrong.
I still have wood for Byrd.
Gonna try to watch tonight just to see how Diamond does.
Yes that comeback was nice, but they still fucking lost.

What do you call an 8-1 drubbing at the hands of arguably the worst team in the NL and follow that up with a 17-2 shit kicking just for grins? I am not saying it is 100% because of one thing or another, I just think many are going through the motions and a lot has to do with a lack of accountability that has unfortunately seeped into this organization the last couple of years.

And argue all you want about this vet and that vet, bottom line is that Lee, Soriano, Aram, Fukushitbag and just about everyone else not named Byrd and Soto haven't even come close to living up to their contract. And it's all just honky fucking dory.

My point is that they all saw what happened last wednesday, and if they feel like crap, or they punch out a couple times, or they give up a dinger, or foul a pitch off their foot, whatever...the bad attitude seeps in. I haven't like the attitude of Lou or this team, especially some of the vets, from the word go this season. Just seems it is getting worse day by day.
Dylan McKay is my hero
<!--quoteo(post=109437:date=Aug 3 2010, 12:24 PM:name=BT)-->QUOTE (BT @ Aug 3 2010, 12:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=109430:date=Aug 3 2010, 11:49 AM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ Aug 3 2010, 11:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=109427:date=Aug 3 2010, 11:16 AM:name=BT)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BT @ Aug 3 2010, 11:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=109401:date=Aug 3 2010, 09:46 AM:name=willis)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (willis @ Aug 3 2010, 09:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Yeah, it's been an abortion...

Hate to say it, but I got a little grief and a little agreement after my comment last week on Wednesday about Lou throwing in the towel and not trying against the Astros, basically handing them a win and the cubs a loss before the game was even played...I said it would affect attitutde. Well...

Haven't won since and have been embarassed, like to the worst degree embarassed, by not that great of teams, twice. They have given up, just like the fat sack of shit manager had last week. I think leadership is overrated a bit, but you still need it to be succesful, regardless of what it is, and this team has lacked it since last season. My hatred for Lou and Hendry is growing by th esecond, and the fact that Ricketts sits back and has done not a damn thing other than sing Hendry's praises since he took over, makes my hatred for him grow as well.

I'm done giving a fuck about games. Hate this group of ass holes. There needs to be changes and accountability, and there is none.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

So, just to be clear, you don't think guys like Berg, Coleman, Schlitter, Russell and Cashner, the guys who've given up the majority of the runs the last few days, are "trying"? You think those rookies have "thrown in the towel"? You think they "don't care"? Because Lou "lost them"?

Does that make an iota of sense?

The Cubs have been catastrophically bad the last few days, but the guys doing the most damage are almost all rookies. I promise you they are doing everything in their power to try and win games. If you really think that Cashner, a guy who had been lights out good, a guy who is fighting for him major league future, gave up 12 runs in an inning and a third because he didn't feel like trying anymore, then we are truly in trouble.

This team has plenty of problems, but Lou losing the clubhouse doesn't really make sense.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

What CAN we bitch about? I'm only being half sarcastic here. What is there about this team that we could possibly bitch about that you would actually agree with? Half-serious question.

I'm calling bullshit on this one Tom.

Tell me, exactly, where I told anyone they CAN'T bitch about the Cubs being bad. Do I say anywhere in that post that the Cubs are really good, so we shouldn't give up? Do I say anywhere that there is nothing to complain about?

Bitch all you want about them sucking. I just find the idea that a team that has a rather large number of rookies fighting for their careers would "quit", silly. Maybe Lee quit. Maybe ARam quit. But they aren't the guys letting up record numbers of runs. The rookies are.

Cashner didn't let up 12 runs because he quit. Cashner didn't let up 12 runs because Lou gave up in a previous game. Cashner let up 12 runs because he pitched really fucking poorly.

Let me flip this on you. If you spent a post explaining how the Cubs suck because they wear blue uniforms, do I just let that go because the Cubs do, in fact, suck? If I explain to you that the "Cubs wear blue so they suck" theory is a bad one, is that the same thing as saying "Stop complaining about the Cubs"?

Of course not.

I'm not saying you you said we CAN't bitch about the Cubs. I'm saying that every time someone DOES bitch about the Cubs, you tell them they're wrong. Sorry for the confusion.
Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=109479:date=Aug 3 2010, 03:02 PM:name=willis)-->QUOTE (willis @ Aug 3 2010, 03:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->And it's all just honky fucking dory.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
What do you have against honkies?
<!--quoteo(post=109484:date=Aug 3 2010, 03:23 PM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Aug 3 2010, 03:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=109437:date=Aug 3 2010, 12:24 PM:name=BT)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BT @ Aug 3 2010, 12:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=109430:date=Aug 3 2010, 11:49 AM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ Aug 3 2010, 11:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=109427:date=Aug 3 2010, 11:16 AM:name=BT)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BT @ Aug 3 2010, 11:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=109401:date=Aug 3 2010, 09:46 AM:name=willis)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (willis @ Aug 3 2010, 09:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Yeah, it's been an abortion...

Hate to say it, but I got a little grief and a little agreement after my comment last week on Wednesday about Lou throwing in the towel and not trying against the Astros, basically handing them a win and the cubs a loss before the game was even played...I said it would affect attitutde. Well...

Haven't won since and have been embarassed, like to the worst degree embarassed, by not that great of teams, twice. They have given up, just like the fat sack of shit manager had last week. I think leadership is overrated a bit, but you still need it to be succesful, regardless of what it is, and this team has lacked it since last season. My hatred for Lou and Hendry is growing by th esecond, and the fact that Ricketts sits back and has done not a damn thing other than sing Hendry's praises since he took over, makes my hatred for him grow as well.

I'm done giving a fuck about games. Hate this group of ass holes. There needs to be changes and accountability, and there is none.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

So, just to be clear, you don't think guys like Berg, Coleman, Schlitter, Russell and Cashner, the guys who've given up the majority of the runs the last few days, are "trying"? You think those rookies have "thrown in the towel"? You think they "don't care"? Because Lou "lost them"?

The Cubs have been catastrophically bad the last few days, but the guys doing the most damage are almost all rookies. I promise you they are doing everything in their power to try and win games. If you really think that Cashner, a guy who had been lights out good, a guy who is fighting for him major league future, gave up 12 runs in an inning and a third because he didn't feel like trying anymore, then we are truly in trouble.

This team has plenty of problems, but Lou losing the clubhouse doesn't really make sense.

What CAN we bitch about? I'm only being half sarcastic here. What is there about this team that we could possibly bitch about that you would actually agree with? Half-serious question.

Tell me, exactly, where I told anyone they CAN'T bitch about the Cubs being bad. Do I say anywhere in that post that the Cubs are really good, so we shouldn't give up? Do I say anywhere that there is nothing to complain about?

Bitch all you want about them sucking. I just find the idea that a team that has a rather large number of rookies fighting for their careers would "quit", silly. Maybe Lee quit. Maybe ARam quit. But they aren't the guys letting up record numbers of runs. The rookies are.

Cashner didn't let up 12 runs because he quit. Cashner didn't let up 12 runs because Lou gave up in a previous game. Cashner let up 12 runs because he pitched really fucking poorly.

Let me flip this on you. If you spent a post explaining how the Cubs suck because they wear blue uniforms, do I just let that go because the Cubs do, in fact, suck? If I explain to you that the "Cubs wear blue so they suck" theory is a bad one, is that the same thing as saying "Stop complaining about the Cubs"?

Of course not.

I'm not saying you you said we CAN't bitch about the Cubs. I'm saying that every time someone DOES bitch about the Cubs, you tell them they're wrong. Sorry for the confusion.

Bullshit.

I'd have 30,000 posts right now if I responded every time someone bitches about the Cubs. Andy said he is giving up, and made a logical case for it. I said nothing. Willis said the Cubs are letting up an insane amount of runs because Lou doesn't want it enough. I said something I respond not when people bitch about the Cubs, but when someone illogically bitches about the Cubs. I'm not sure why that upsets you so much.
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
<!--quoteo(post=109498:date=Aug 3 2010, 04:48 PM:name=funkster)-->QUOTE (funkster @ Aug 3 2010, 04:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=109479:date=Aug 3 2010, 03:02 PM:name=willis)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (willis @ Aug 3 2010, 03:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->And it's all just honky fucking dory.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
What do you have against honkies?
Nothing, as long as they keep their hands off Dory.
One dick can poke an eye out. A hundred dicks can move mountains.
--Veryzer

I wouldn't call my opinion illogical. I said it when it happened, that this would be the absolute end of the season and it would send a wrong message to the team. And since, not a win.

People can say what they want about Lou, but to say he has not cashed it in this season is assinine. He gave a win away the other day, with a shit pitcher going for the opponent, with no reason under the sun to give it away other than he is an ass hole. He retired mid season. Fine, go away and leave us alone. Instead, his attitude of "what can I do?" and "what do you want from me?" has hijacked this piss poor team and made it even more brutal to watch.
Dylan McKay is my hero
<!--quoteo(post=109502:date=Aug 3 2010, 03:58 PM:name=BT)-->QUOTE (BT @ Aug 3 2010, 03:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=109484:date=Aug 3 2010, 03:23 PM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ Aug 3 2010, 03:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=109437:date=Aug 3 2010, 12:24 PM:name=BT)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BT @ Aug 3 2010, 12:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=109430:date=Aug 3 2010, 11:49 AM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ Aug 3 2010, 11:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=109427:date=Aug 3 2010, 11:16 AM:name=BT)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BT @ Aug 3 2010, 11:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=109401:date=Aug 3 2010, 09:46 AM:name=willis)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (willis @ Aug 3 2010, 09:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Yeah, it's been an abortion...

Of course not.

Bullshit.

I'd have 30,000 posts right now if I responded every time someone bitches about the Cubs. Andy said he is giving up, and made a logical case for it. I said nothing. Willis said the Cubs are letting up an insane amount of runs because Lou doesn't want it enough. I said something I respond not when people bitch about the Cubs, but when someone illogically bitches about the Cubs. I'm not sure why that upsets you so much.

I wouldn't say I'm upset about it. Just curious.

<i>Often</i> times people will bitch about something and <i>often</i> times you will tell them they're wrong for bitching. And by often, I mean enough times that it's a pretty common occurrence. More than rarely, more than sometimes, but less than every single time.

Again, sorry for the confusion.
Wang.