Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This Team Doesn't Deserve Another Game Thread
Make it stop.
May was a fake rally.
At least they're consistent. Score two runs, have the lead for one inning, and then either lose by one run or 10 runs.

Good start tonight, proud of this team
It's really quite comical.
At least Sogard can’t pitch tonight.

Jake just about to hang it up?
If he doesn’t retire, Hoyer needs to release him immediately. It’s just sad.

Guessing a trip to the IL in Jake’s near future but no clue who slides into the rotation. Maybe Thompson and Steele attempting to go 3-4 innings a piece that’s after Williams returns to starting rotation.

Remember back in April when Jake was only strong piece of the Cubs starting rotation?
Absolute ? ?
Quote:If he doesn’t retire, Hoyer needs to release him immediately. It’s just sad.
I just saw that he said he's got plenty left in the tank, the issue is mechanical lol.
Quote:<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="rok" data-cid="359082" data-time="1625621884">
If he doesnt retire, Hoyer needs to release him immediately. Its just sad.
I just saw that he said he's got plenty left in the tank, the issue is mechanical lol.</blockquote>
Unfortunately, hes referring to the gas remaining in his rental car. Hes been toast for most of his starts over last couple months. His complex mechanics do not allow a simple fix
Typical Jake. I wouldn't expect him to announce his retirement after getting lit up by his former team, but I also don't believe it's his choice to make at this point.
Holy shit, we scored more than 2 runs? I wonder if we actually would've won if Jake hadn't started...but not that it really matters.
I'm sure it's incredibly difficult to accept that the end of the road has arrived. Jake isn't that old and I'm sure he wants to exhaust every available opportunity to right the ship. That said, it would also be nice to go out on your own terms with a little love from the fans rather than be unceremoniously DFA'd.