Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bye Rizzo
Im gonna miss that dude. By far my favorite Cub in the last 20 years. Sucks to see him go.
If Angelo had picked McClellin, I would have been expecting to hear by training camp that kid has stage 4 cancer, is actually 5'2" 142 lbs, is a chick who played in a 7 - 0 defensive scheme who only rotated in on downs which were 3 and 34 yds + so is not expecting to play a down in the NFL until the sex change is complete and she puts on another 100 lbs. + but this is Emery's first pick so he'll get a pass with a bit of questioning. - 1060Ivy
How do you not just get verklempt at this?

Quote:<p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Rizzos are walking around Wrigley Field, getting some final photos here. pic.twitter.com/8Bpr3WprVf
— Jordan Bastian (@MLBastian) July 29, 2021
One dick can poke an eye out. A hundred dicks can move mountains.
--Veryzer

Honestly, I'm not as upset about this as I thought I would be. Then again, I have no soul.
Quote:Honestly, I'm not as upset about this as I thought I would be. Then again, I have no soul.

I'm kind of in the same boat. He was my favorite Cub for quite awhile, but I'd be lying if I said the anti-vax stuff didn't piss me off after having to deal with this in my own immediate family, and we're still separated as a result. It really, truly sucks, but it did sour me on Rizzo too, as much as it pains me to say.

That said, of course I still love the guy and wish him the best.
He's one of my favorite Cubs of all time. Growing up it was Ryno and then Sammy (I know, I know) along with Wood, and then into Rizzo. With memories of Sosa so tainted, it pretty much puts Sandberg and Rizzo at the top for me, as I'll gravitate towards a position player.  And in terms of personality, hard not to love Rizzo. And I'm still ok with the deal, it makes sense. Maybe the market won't be there for him and he'll end up back with the Cubs. I doubt it, but if it happens, sweet. 

https://twitter.com/sut_40/status/1421183594127532035
lol

Rizzo hit a bomb for the Yanks in his debut. 2 for 3 with a walk. Happy for him.

Also, Bryant tearing up when he got the news of his trade... Oof. What a weird day.
I hate it.
Quote:Rizzo hit a bomb for the Yanks in his debut. 2 for 3 with a walk. Happy for him.

Also, Bryant tearing up when he got the news of his trade... Oof. What a weird day.
Saw someone ask if were sure he wasn't tearing up with joy lol
Watched a bit of Rizzo's game last night and couldn't take it for long. It really hurts seeing Tony in a Yankees uniform, but also their broadcast as a whole truly blows. The commentary is just so phony and bland. Everything about the Yankees genuinely sucks.
Absolutely. Seeing him in that uni but with the Chicago batting gloves and cleats almost made me cry.
Rizzo is going great guns for the Yankees. In saying that, Ive watched him play the last three games for the Yanks and his body language just looks miserable.
Quote:Rizzo is going great guns for the Yankees. In saying that, Ive watched him play the last three games for the Yanks and his body language just looks miserable.
I can't help but think that these guys don't dig this to different degrees, with Rizzo probably disliking it the most. Could be totally wrong / could just be the fan in me talking. And yeah I'm sure Javy is happy to be with some buddies in NY, and apparently Bryant liked the Giants growing up, etc. But they all had to go from THEIR team to another and that means a loss of ownership and leadership roles and comfort and probably some slight feeling of failure, all of which I'm sure sucks. So the miserable body language makes total sense, HRs be damned.
I'll be really sad to watch Rizzo finish out his career as a Yankee.

https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status...0933166080