Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cubs vs. Rays 4/18-20
Suzuki moves up a couple notches. So does my peepee.
I cant believe how cold it is. Why do I continue to live here?
Quote:I cant believe how cold it is. Why do I continue to live here?

My balls are retracting just from watching.
Wisdom got every bit of that ball. Holy shit.
Hendricks isnt hitting his spots the way he used to.
Quote:Hendricks isnt hitting his spots the way he used to.

He’s had his moments - opening day was outstanding- but he’s no longer the relied upon guy in rotation. Unfortunately, the Cubs no longer haven’t had a stopper in rotation since Yu departed.

It’s early season, cold and after an abbreviated spring training so hopefully, he’ll right the ship and become that guy again soon
Keegan Thompson with quite an outing.

Thompson had some very good outings early last season then after the first month his performance went south. He even had a great spot start before his performance dropped off. No clue if league figured him out, he got tired, or injured. Last May, he was kicking ass. By August, he was sucking ass. Interesting that after trading deadline, he really had some poor performances - maybe veterans, or veteran, assisted him

He didnt pitch in April but heres his innings and ERA by month for last season.

May. 17.1 0.52

June 11.2 3.86

July. 11.2 3.09

Aug. 6.0 9.00

Sept 6.0 5.40
Happ came through last night with a nice 2 out RBI which put the Cubs up late in the game.

Not a big Happ fan as it seemed he was brought up a bit early and with a bit too much hype so its great seeing him mature and produce in that situation
Quote:Thompson had some very good outings early last season then after the first month his performance went south. He even had a great spot start before his performance dropped off. No clue if league figured him out, he got tired, or injured. Last May, he was kicking ass. By August, he was sucking ass. Interesting that after trading deadline, he really had some poor performances - maybe veterans, or veteran, assisted him

May. 17.1 0.52

June 11.2 3.86

July. 11.2 3.09

Aug. 6.0 9.00

Sept 6.0 5.40
Yes, I know..you're not ready to anoint him.
Quote:<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="1060Ivy" data-cid="360943" data-time="1650360485">
Thompson had some very good outings early last season then after the first month his performance went south. He even had a great spot start before his performance dropped off. No clue if league figured him out, he got tired, or injured. Last May, he was kicking ass. By August, he was sucking ass. Interesting that after trading deadline, he really had some poor performances - maybe veterans, or veteran, assisted him

May. 17.1 0.52

June 11.2 3.86

July. 11.2 3.09

Aug. 6.0 9.00

Sept 6.0 5.40
Yes, I know..you're not ready to anoint him.</blockquote>

Actually I’m hoping that he can become either a dependable starter or lock down setup/closer in future
Well yes, that would be the goal.

[Image: FQr-G2-WPWQAMM71t.jpg]

This makes me happy.
I'm a big fan of Keegan's. But looking at those numbers, that's probably because I stopped watching many Cubs games in August last year.

He dominated last night. Player of the game, for sure.