Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cubs prospect stat tracker
I figured this would be a nice reference to some of the Cubs prospects. I arranged them according to projected MLB arrival time (projected by me which is likely to be close but innacurate).

EDIT 8/27/2013: I reoganized the lists to include newly signed/drafted players. I also moved the time table up on quite a few players. I did this mostly for the fact that Baez has shot through the system. I believe this will signal an early arrival of the Cubs competitive window and could cause Hoyer/Theo to push some of their prospects up to help the Cubs earlier than I previously expected.

Position players projected for:

Beyond 2016

Pitchers projected for:

2016 and beyond

I tried to keep it to significant updside prospects, but if there's anybody you feel would be appropriate to be added, feel free to suggest it.

You don't project Soler or Baez to the big leagues by 2015?

This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
I noticed you had Soriano in 2013/14. Did you mean Soler instead?
Quote:You don't project Soler or Baez to the big leagues by 2015?
Baez no. Soler yes. It's a work in progress. There's a couple of players I left out that I'm going to add back in. Also, I'm going to redo the table to show more significant and/or advanced statistics.

FYI, the projections are fairly conservative. A lot of these players will likely get a chance before their projections, but these are more projections for when they will be expected to be full time contributors rather than "cup of coffee" type call-ups. Also, I'm sort of noticing that Hoyer/McLeod aren't too aggressive with pushing their players to the big league club. That may be more of an indication of where the current team is and not wanting to use up service time on bad teams, but I can't say that for sure.

I could see Lake coming up late this year or beginning of next year as a break or make it option.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy
Quote:I could see Lake coming up late this year or beginning of next year as a break or make it option.

He's one of the ones I left out. Already been added to the 2013/2014 list.
Yeah, if Valbuena continues his downward spiral, I'd like to see either Lake or Villanueva get a shot.
Great idea Scarey...thanks.

Bump. Did a lot of updating. This should be helpful in projected off season moves and possible candidates to make the big league club out of ST next year.

Pleasantly surprised to see Baez now has a pretty respectable OBP.