Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020 Team
Pretty much.
Joc Pederson...

Did someone inform the Cubs that the 2021 season is going to be played?

I’m more surprised than excited by signing. Cubs signed a MLB free agent player that’s not a total reclamation project or scrap heap player. Congrats.
It's too bad they signed someone whose face i hate. 

1 year $7 MM for Joc

How did the Ricketts find the money to sign him?
Quote:It's too bad they signed someone whose face i hate. 

lol
So...what are the Cubs doing? Joc Pederson is basically Schwarber, no?

Cards are spending so Cubs seem to be responding

In the aggregate, Joc’s and Schwarber’s production seem similar. The Cubs offense has been broken since 2016 so hopefully the timing of Joc’s production will better fit Cubs needs
Quote:So...what are the Cubs doing? Joc Pederson is basically Schwarber, no?
Little cheaper, more contact, better in the OF?  But mostly yes.  Feels like a slight upgrade at least.
It would be cool if there was a discernible plan in place. I'd prefer a full-on rebuild to whatever appears to be happening right now.

Maybe it's because Joc hit leadoff for the Dodgers prior to Mookie joining. I think there was a sense he shouldn't have been by many, but he made headlines for most leadoff HR in that spot for that franchise over the years.
Oh, and if the Cardinals get Arenado, I'll be pissed. Really hope that doesn't happen.
Quote:Joc Pederson...

Fuck me. 
Quote:So...what are the Cubs doing? Joc Pederson is basically Schwarber, no?
Gonna go a bit meathead here, but I have zero desire to see Shark back in a Cubs uniform.
Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Butcher" data-cid="356442" data-time="1611935282">
<div>
So...what are the Cubs doing? Joc Pederson is basically Schwarber, no?
Gonna go a bit meathead here, but I have zero desire to see Shark back in a Cubs uniform.

</div>
</blockquote>

Is there talk of bringing Samardzija back?