Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cleveland 8/12
https://twitter.com/Cubs/status/1293625405451259914
Not really on board with Caratini DHing so much, but ok.
Rizzo with a nice line shot out

Jeff, thanks for setting up game day threads
We keep chasing the curve and change ups. Carrasco has some nasty stuff.
Is it just me, or is Willy being kind a of douche this year?  He's doing a lot of tantruming it feels like.

Hes being more vocal for sure when he messes up. Most of it I feel is directed towards himself, but I get what you mean. Hes had a few plate appearances where he is not squaring up some pretty hittable pitches, so Im sure thats part of it.
I dunno, it's happened a few times where he's directed it at umps and other players.  Don't be that guy.

Lol the crowd soundtrack sounds like a European football game.

Quote:I dunno, it's happened a few times where he's directed it at umps and other players.  Don't be that guy.

Yeah, I agree, you hope he can reign it in. The worry is to go full Zambrano, but I dont think hes at that level.
KB's wrist feels ok.

Willy has definitely been a dick all year, but here's our dick, so kind of enjoying it. Would prefer he simmer down though.
Cubs win

Cubs win
12-3. Thats pretty impressive.
Great win. Hendricks is the master painter and I continue to be satisfied and confident with the Wick-Jeffress combo.

Have to say though on two occasions, the ump missed an obvious strike 3 call to Cubs batters which eventuated into Cubs runs. Indian pitchers were hard done by, but what evs we won.
Quote:Is it just me, or is Willy being kind a of douche this year?  He's doing a lot of tantruming it feels like.

He holds onto the ball as he's about to throw it back to the pitcher when there's a close call that isn't called a strike. He does it a lot. 

I'm glad West is camped in NYC these days. 

Phegley didn't look so good behind the plate for that inning last night, especially on a high fastball he made sure wasn't called a strike by the way he caught it. I'm glad Ross got him out of there.