Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North vs. South 8/21
https://twitter.com/Cubs/status/1296902051616759810
We don't get every game on TV here in Massachusetts. This one is on ESPN. My wife was gleeful when she saw it was John Lester on the mound at the start of this game. 

These players all have history for us. Seeing them is seeing old friends (and adversaries); some comfort or us in quiet quarantine. Players are people to us; even in this, the strangest season. 

Go, Cubs, Go.

Lester has turned to shit again.
Quote:Lester has turned to shit again.

Well, even my wife has been driven from the room.

(But it is late here and she had a big day.)

I'm still in.
Welp.
Well the Sox will talk about this for years to come
Hows that Quintana trade looking? FFS...
Quote:Well the Sox will talk about this for years to come

What did I miss?
Their lineup is pretty deadly.

It's going to be a miserable few years having to see and hear about it. I really don't want MLB to put them in the same division as us as a way to help with Covid. Just seeing Elroy alone is painful enough. 
I really don't give a shit about the White Sox at all. Their fans are annoying as fuck, though. They've been waiting for this moment for the last decade-plus. Now that it's finally here they're so ready to rub it in our faces. The Cubs should still be competitive in this weird season. After this, I don't know. I hope the rebuild doesn't take too long...

I honestly don't really care about the supposed crosstown rivalry anymore either. Their so-called fans still annoy me at times, but ever since 2016 it's really easy now to just laugh it off and move on. Their tired jokes and schtick have become an anachronism. If their team is good again, I shrug. Give it a few years, and we'll be back in the midst of another rebuild, looking to the future again. Whatever. We'll be back on top soon enough.
My signature says it all.