Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cubs @ Reds double header 8/29
Kimbrel sucks. Yup

Leave him in till he walks one and or has a base runner on. Appears a logical approach but nope. Cubs really don’t need to close one run games
I dont know why they didnt just keep Alzolay in for two innings and close it out with Wick.
I like WIck. So much junk in the trunk.

Rossy may be trying to make sure the FO gets that Kimbrel is no closer. This is a season with an asterisk. He may not believe the Ricketts are as poor as they claim to be.

This team has so many more issues than just closer. I'm already looking past this bizarro season.
What's sucks is that we know they are going to let him lose more games for us.

They've seen enough, last year and this year, but they will put him back in a similar situation.

Ross has talked about results indicating who will play and yet he can't let go of wanting what was in the past. I get we blew a lot of money on the guy but does that mean we've got to let him lose 5 games before swallowing the truth?

Rok, tough spot indeed, I have no clue how they move forward, looks like a rebuild is something that needs to be considered and quite frankly, should have been considered even 2 years ago. Our pitching is so thin, that it will take so much more than patching it up via trades or signings. The Kimbrel, Quintana and Chatwood deals have all backfired in the worst way, not to mention the shortsighted trade for Wade Davis for one year of control. Dont get me wrong Im glad it was only for a year considering how he also went full Kimbrel when he landed in Colorado. I am still astonished we havent been able to develop any kind of pitching, both starting or relief.
For me, Kimbrel was just money---so it hurts a ton less than Quintana.

But it's hurting increasingly more in their refusal to admit he's not a closer.