Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fake Native Americans @ Cubs 9/15
Weird fucking game, but I'll take it.
Javy is something else... lol
Fun.

Pathetic.
That was brutal. Couldnt even make contact.
Glad to get the W but this team needs to be able to put the ball in play with a runner at 3B and less than 2 outs.
Lester getting a little emotional (for him, anyway) during the postgame interview. Hadn't really crossed my mind that this was most likely his final game at Wrigley as a Cub. Love that man.
Another strange game in a strange season - Lester pulled early but bullpen holds Indians scoreless, drone delay, Cubs offensive woes continue, Javy’s bat seemingly reviving and provides walk off hit to win 4th game in a row.

Cubs are 10 games over 500.
Lester will go down as one of the best free agent signings in Cubs history. Maybe the best.

Quote:Glad to get the W but this team needs to be able to put the ball in play with a runner at 3B and less than 2 outs.

Wilson doesn't shine in those situations, looks like he presses too hard. You'd have to think he would get better though cause he's getting better in other areas.

And one couldn't ask for a worse guy than Schwarbs in that situation, other than his eye and the potential for a walk--that's what I was hoping for. 

Definitely an Achilles' heel for this team as evidenced by the thousands of times they've been unable to put a ball in play with a man on 3rd and less than 2 outs. 

Quote:Lester getting a little emotional (for him, anyway) during the postgame interview. Hadn't really crossed my mind that this was most likely his final game at Wrigley as a Cub. Love that man.

Wrigley would have fallen over itself last night when he walked off the mound--more so in the playoffs if he pitched well. Sucks that he won't have that.