Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cubs vs Marlins Wild Card Game 1
Well, went to help my wife with the groceries when we were up 1-0 and came back to this. FML
It's absurd that this team is even in the playoffs. But...there's no excuse for this shit.

Also, this is largely on Ross. Hendricks was over 100 pitches, two batters in a row had barreled him up. I know Jeffress hasn't done much better, but that was a huge mistake leaving him in for the third batter.

Yep leaving Hendricks in was beyond stupid
Welp.

Agreed that Hendricks should have been lifted but the lack of offense has been an issue for multiple seasons
What a shit show. With Sixto up tomorrow, we will be lucky to score another run this year with these batters.
If Ross had had Wick, I think he takes Kyle out after the single.
https://twitter.com/JayZawaski670/status...4946066432

I'd assume Game 2 tomorrow and Game 3, if necessary, Saturday.

This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
WTF?

Its forecast to rain - 50% chance at 1 PM - but currently still sunny in Chicago
https://twitter.com/JesseRogersESPN/stat...4118188033

This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
The forecast really doesn't look that bad. This is kinda weird.

I think a lot of your questions are answered by television, including that this game is on ABC.  The ESPN networks are already full of other games and ABC affiliates are not going to be happy if their news broadcasts or prime time shows get bumped by baseball.  I think they were afraid of delays and just decided to go this route.  Also, remember that Rizzo understandably complained earlier in the year about being stuck in a clubhouse during a rain delay during COVID.