Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
@Pittsburgh 4/11
It's a new day.

Javy.

Different day, same shenanigans
Yep.

Anyone ever seen a corporate logo on a MLB pitchers mound before?

Iopace is gone in about 3 weeks tops. Whether its all on the hitters or not. This team cant hit the Pirates.
This team is 1 year ahead of schedule. We're officially worse than the Pirates.
Hmmm so what I’m hearing is that Cubs could get worse - not be much offensively but could imagine Alzolay as Cubs #1 starter and Workman as closer (if they can’t trade him)
At this point I really don't care who they keep from the current roster. There's nothing to build around.
I was wrong, they can't beat the Pirates either.

I thought after watching how well they played in spring training - hitting well and starting pitching lights out, I was quietly optimistic. They have crushed those hopes in me. 

I will love the core of the 2016 team forever -- Rizzo, especially -- but it's time to clean house. Don't extend anyone. Clean slate time.

And do what? Set a new standard for historical losses by the franchise? - which is what Ricketts did prior to 2015 to acquire picks / prospects to form 2016 core. Sorry, thats not going to work with the cash the family has put into real estate in neighborhood and Marquee network. Middle of pack probably works better for their investments than full tank job. While I expect that Kimbrel and KB to be gone prior to season end a full tank job probably doesnt work for Ricketts investment perspective nor probably familys political interests.
Ivy, Youre probably right, but unless Baez can start laying off bad pitches ( I dont think he will / can) it would be a bad idea to extend him, and I love him as a player! Just not going to be worth the money if he cant hit .275 or .285. Rizzo looks like his bat is slowing down and I dont have faith in Bryant resigning even if he finds his MVP type level again. Contreras Im on fence, Ill probably reassess at deadline but oooof, its been a painful 2020 and now 2021 for this core