Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
These upcoming horror movies may not end up sucking
[spoiler]

I didn't see the store room scene coming. Maybe you saw an extended trailer that I didn't?

I could be wrong, but I think initiating the take off sequence did uncover the ship. I thought they showed a very brief side view as they were exiting.

As for waiting to attack, there's two things here.

One: if the helicopter pilot was a 'The Thing', there was a lot of confusion when he showed up. The chick had just thrown a grenade and told him to run. He probably understood that there was a danger and felt it wasn't the best time to make his move. He probably could have did the deed while they were walking out of the cavern, but she had already eluded it a couple of times.

Two: for the sake of an open ended plot twist, I think the director wanted you to question whether the pilot was a 'The Thing' or not. Yes, you heard the alien screams when he was lit up, but it was almost more of a "in her head" type deal. The way she reacted after killing him/it was as if she was questioning her decision. The grabbing at his wrong ear for the earring part isn't very explainable, but the way they shot it left a question in my mind as to whether he was human or not. I think that's what they were going for and the scene would have had to have played out like that to get the desired effect. [/spoiler]

Messages In This Thread
These upcoming horror movies may not end up sucking - by Scarey - 10-20-2011, 12:21 AM