Sons of Ivy
2014 SOI Keeper Fantasy Football League - Printable Version

+- Sons of Ivy (https://sonsofivy.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other (https://sonsofivy.com/forum/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Not That Kind of Fantasy (https://sonsofivy.com/forum/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: 2014 SOI Keeper Fantasy Football League (/thread-2027.html)

2014 SOI Keeper Fantasy Football League - Kid - 09-12-2016

I'm fine with that.  I tend to think the keeper deadline should be earlier than that (more in line with the trade deadline), but if it will resolve this issue, I think this makes a good compromise.

So, I think there would be 2 elements:

1. Rosters are locked for non-playoff teams as of the end of the regular season, and for playoff teams once they are eliminated; and

2. Any players added by playoff teams after the regular season are not eligible to be kept.

(BT, we'll have to agree to disagree on your characterization of what happened a few years ago.  In any event, we resolved the issue by changing the draft order, so there's nothing to be gained by fully rehashing it.)

2014 SOI Keeper Fantasy Football League - BT - 09-12-2016

I can tell you exactly what happened a few years ago. My morning update (sent to me 2.5 hours before game time) told me the Falcons were optimistic Roddy White was playing. My other option was Kendall Wright who had one catch the week before. I set my lineup with White. He was declared out later that morning. You were upset I didn't go back into my lineup and change out Wright for White later that morning or early afternoon because Wright was playing a later game. I think that's an unrealistic standard to hold anyone not in the playoffs to. I think it's even more unrealistic in a league like this. In any case, to categorize that as apathetic simply isn't true, which is why I objected. 

So much for not rehashing it.

I will still refrain from stating where I disagree because there's nothing to be gained from it since we changed the rules in response 2 years ago.

2014 SOI Keeper Fantasy Football League - BT - 09-12-2016

Quote:So much for not rehashing it.

I will still refrain from stating where I disagree because there's nothing to be gained from it since we changed the rules in response 2 years ago.

My point in rehashing it isn't to figure out what rule changes are needed, it's to clear up the fact you are essentially calling me a bad owner. I thought it might be important to defend myself on that account. 

I don't think you are a bad owner.  I think you have generally been a great owner.  I think we would disagree over whether you were being a good owner in that one particular week.  I'm sure there have been weeks where I have been less than a good owner.  It just so happened that one week where I don't think you were a good owner nearly had catastrophic repercussions (relatively speaking) for me.

2014 SOI Keeper Fantasy Football League - PcB - 09-13-2016

I'm in another league where Eli and OBJ just got traded for Flacco, Evans and Sanu. Am I right to be fucking furious and calling shenanigans?

2014 SOI Keeper Fantasy Football League - BT - 09-13-2016

Yes. 

OK, so I've looked at league safe and the yahoo thing. The Yahoo option had to be done pre draft, so that's out. We can still do League safe, but the payments will have to be by the 23rd, and if we want to pay by credit card, they are going to charge an extra 3 percent. Otherwise we can use an E-check, whatever the hell that is. Our only other option is everyone writing checks to the winners at the end of the year. I'd like everyone's input if possible in the next day or so. 

2014 SOI Keeper Fantasy Football League - VanSlawAndCottoCheese - 09-13-2016

This early in a season, though?

2014 SOI Keeper Fantasy Football League - VanSlawAndCottoCheese - 09-13-2016

Quote:OK, so I've looked at league safe and the yahoo thing. The Yahoo option had to be done pre draft, so that's out. We can still do League safe, but the payments will have to be by the 23rd, and if we want to pay by credit card, they are going to charge an extra 3 percent. Our only other option is everyone writing checks to the winners at the end of the year. I'd like everyone's input if possible in the next day or so. 

PayPal is out?

2014 SOI Keeper Fantasy Football League - Kid - 09-13-2016

I say do LeagueSafe.  It's enough of a bitch to chase the holdouts down for money when the season ends, let alone having to do it for everybody.

paypal will work. 

I agree about leaguesafe, it's just that with the deadline in 8 days (which should be more than enough), we will probably end up with 7 guys not paying anyway. 

2014 SOI Keeper Fantasy Football League - PcB - 09-14-2016

League Safe

2014 SOI Keeper Fantasy Football League - Fella - 09-15-2016

We could just ditch the payments I guess, it seems like only 6 or 7 of us ever pay which doesn't seem particularly fair. But if we do them I'd vote for league safe.

2014 SOI Keeper Fantasy Football League - VanSlawAndCottoCheese - 09-15-2016

I'm curious--why do people prefer League Safe (which takes a percentage) to PayPal?