Sons of Ivy
2014 SOI Keeper Fantasy Football League - Printable Version

+- Sons of Ivy (https://sonsofivy.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other (https://sonsofivy.com/forum/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Not That Kind of Fantasy (https://sonsofivy.com/forum/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: 2014 SOI Keeper Fantasy Football League (/thread-2027.html)

2014 SOI Keeper Fantasy Football League - PcB - 09-02-2016

Quote:<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="PcB" data-cid="289434" data-time="1472862808">

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Kid" data-cid="289433" data-time="1472855025">
Also, how is PcB prejudiced by telling him now vs. telling him in December?  What exactly was he going to do in December with that information that he can't do now?
I could have dropped Gordon and picked up someone else right?

</blockquote>

Yes, after your season was over, you could have picked up somebody else that wasn't good enough to be one of the 160 players on a roster for the sole purpose of keeping that player.

Let me suggest that you probably don't want to follow this line of argument.</blockquote>

You really seem to be the only one who's commented that has an issue with this. I could be wrong though.

2014 SOI Keeper Fantasy Football League - Kid - 09-02-2016

Quote:I get both sides of this

Quote:I'm sorry but I feel the same as Clapp. Exploiting loopholes in the league I run falls under a category we call "don't be a douche" rules. 

Quote:I see both sides of this

"I see both sides of this" is a ringing endorsement for your argument Kid.

I guess I'm a douche for picking up a player Liner could have picked up any time he wanted all year last year.

Quote:"I see both sides of this" is a ringing endorsement for your argument Kid.

Is your position that somebody saying they see both sides has no issue with your keeping Gordon, as you claimed minutes ago?

Quote:<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="PcB" data-cid="289438" data-time="1472863593">

Is your position that somebody saying they see both sides has no issue with what your keeping Gordon, as you claimed minutes ago?</blockquote>
No. My position is that nobodies panties are quite as bunched as yours seem to be. Since you've put it to a vote it just seems like a collective "meh".

Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Kid" data-cid="289440" data-time="1472863727">

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="PcB" data-cid="289438" data-time="1472863593">

Is your position that somebody saying they see both sides has no issue with what your keeping Gordon, as you claimed minutes ago?</blockquote>
No. My position is that nobodies panties are quite as bunched as yours seem to be. Since you've put it to a vote it just seems like a collective "meh".

</blockquote>

And, if the vote ends up that you can keep Gordon, so be it.  I disagree, but it's not a huge deal.  If that's how the vote goes and you decide to keep Gordon, even though most people to opine at least see some issue with your doing so, that would be your prerogative.

Also, you've posted a million times over the last day, just like me, so I'm not sure you have the higher ground to say my panties are in a bunch.  We have differing opinions and I've simply responded to points you and others have made, just like you have.

Quote:<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="PcB" data-cid="289441" data-time="1472863851">

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Kid" data-cid="289440" data-time="1472863727">

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="PcB" data-cid="289438" data-time="1472863593">

Is your position that somebody saying they see both sides has no issue with what your keeping Gordon, as you claimed minutes ago?</blockquote>No. My position is that nobodies panties are quite as bunched as yours seem to be. Since you've put it to a vote it just seems like a collective "meh".

</blockquote>

And, if the vote ends up that you can keep Gordon, so be it.  I disagree, but it's not a huge deal.  If that's how the vote goes and you decide to keep Gordon, even though most people to opine at least see some issue with your doing so, that would be your prerogative.

Also, you've posted a million times over the last day, just like me, so I'm not sure you have the higher ground to say my panties are in a bunch.  We have differing opinions and I've simply responded to points you and others have made, just like you have.</blockquote>

My panties are always bunched. Doesn't count.

2014 SOI Keeper Fantasy Football League - liner - 09-03-2016

Quote:I guess I'm a douche for picking up a player Liner could have picked up any time he wanted all year last year.

Just for the record pcb, I tried to go out of my way to say I totally didn't think you were being a douche. It's just what we call situations in my one league where people purposely or sometimes accidentally dabble in gray areas that wind up being disputed. I think a said at least once or twice that I didn't think you did this thinking there was a problem at all. It was early. I was tired. I apologize if I wrote it in a way that made it seem like I was calling you a douche or anything negative at all.

2014 SOI Keeper Fantasy Football League - PcB - 09-03-2016

Quote:<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="PcB" data-cid="289439" data-time="1472863657">
I guess I'm a douche for picking up a player Liner could have picked up any time he wanted all year last year.
Just for the record pcb, I tried to go out of my way to say I totally didn't think you were being a douche. It's just what we call situations in my one league where people purposely or sometimes accidentally dabble in gray areas that wind up being disputed. I think a said at least once or twice that I didn't think you did this thinking there was a problem at all. It was early. I was tired. I apologize if I wrote it in a way that made it seem like I was calling you a douche or anything negative at all.</blockquote>

No worried man.

2014 SOI Keeper Fantasy Football League - Kid - 09-04-2016

Reminder:  tonight is the deadline to set keepers.

2014 SOI Keeper Fantasy Football League - PcB - 09-04-2016

Quote:Reminder:  tonight is the deadline to set keepers.
So what's the deciding vote?

2014 SOI Keeper Fantasy Football League - Kid - 09-04-2016

A plurality of those who voted said you could keep him.

2014 SOI Keeper Fantasy Football League - Kid - 09-05-2016

Seriously, PcB?

2014 SOI Keeper Fantasy Football League - Kid - 09-05-2016

For posterity, here are the keeper restrictions for future years.

Cannot Be Kept In 2017:

Le'Veon Bell - Slaw

Antonio Brown - Rapp

Can Be Kept For The Last Time In 2017:

Odell Beckham Jr. - PcB

Brandin Cooks - BT

T.Y. Hilton - Koz

Sammy Watkins - Liner

Can Be Kept In 2017 & 2018:

Amari Cooper - Clapp

Zach Ertz - Wi

Devonta Freeman - Kid