Sons of Ivy
2014 SOI Keeper Fantasy Football League - Printable Version

+- Sons of Ivy (https://sonsofivy.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other (https://sonsofivy.com/forum/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Not That Kind of Fantasy (https://sonsofivy.com/forum/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: 2014 SOI Keeper Fantasy Football League (/thread-2027.html)

2014 SOI Keeper Fantasy Football League - PcB - 09-01-2016

You and everyone else in the league had the same opportunity I had. You chose not to take it, I did.

I wasn't even going to keep him, but now I'm going to.

2014 SOI Keeper Fantasy Football League - Kid - 09-01-2016

Quote:You and everyone else in the league had the same opportunity I had. You chose not to take it, I did.

OK, great, and if anybody else did what you did, I'd be saying the same thing.  This has nothing to do with it being you that did this.

Quote:I wasn't even going to keep him, but now I'm going to.

Yeah, probably not.

What if I had picked up Bryce Brown at the same time I picked up Gordon last year and wanted to keep him now? He wasn't drafted, and anybody could have had him at any time. Not allowed?

Quote:What if I had picked up Bryce Brown at the same time I picked up Gordon last year and wanted to keep him now? He wasn't drafted, and anybody could have had him at any time. Not allowed?

You're comparing apples and oranges.  Find another player who was ineligible to play.

So if I picked up Dennis Pitta who was on the IR all of last year, including the preseason, that would be an issue?

What if I wanted to keep Ray Rice this year because I picked him up at the end of the season last year. Issue?

Pitta wasn't placed on IR until November.

Rice wasn't ineligible last year.

My point is, the caliber of the player and his keeper value is your issue here. Not the process.

That's simply not the case.  The caliber of the player is why you want to keep him.  The process by which you want to keep that player is the problem.

Quote:Rice wasn't ineligible last year.
He was essentially ineligible. 

Quote:That's simply not the case.  The caliber of the player is why you want to keep him.  The process by which you want to keep that player is the problem.
I disagree.

Here's what I will say:  you raise separate and unrelated questions regarding whether we should consider restrictions on keeping players signed late in the season.  That's a question worthy of further discussion.

That question is separate and apart from your circumventing a process that we have previously dealt with:  which is having teams sign players who: (1) are ineligible to play at the time they are signed; (2) are signed for the sole purpose of keeping with a 7th round pick; and (3) are signed at a time where it is effectively no burden to keep them on the team's roster.  This is a problem that we decided years ago should not be allowed.  You found a slight variation on a problem that's already been dealt with.