Sons of Ivy
2014 SOI Keeper Fantasy Football League - Printable Version

+- Sons of Ivy (https://sonsofivy.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other (https://sonsofivy.com/forum/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Not That Kind of Fantasy (https://sonsofivy.com/forum/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: 2014 SOI Keeper Fantasy Football League (/thread-2027.html)

2014 SOI Keeper Fantasy Football League - PcB - 10-26-2015

Quote:<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Clapp" data-cid="266196" data-time="1445655342">
So, I was just going to pay late and it says I can't. Ive done leagues through SOI and commish'd my own through LeagueSafe where there was just a late fee. I was under the impression that was the case, apparently not.

Anyway, if I need to send you money on PayPal or something instead BT, let me know. And sorry for the trouble.

Pretty much half the league didn't pay. We'll work it out at the end of the year. </blockquote>

Yeah, I tried and couldn't. Then I forgot about it. Just let me know what to do.

2014 SOI Keeper Fantasy Football League - PcB - 10-30-2015

Do we have a precedent for trades being made on a Friday and being approved for that weekends games? 

Fella and I just consummated a trade and it says it won't process until Monday. If we haven't done anything like this before, than so be it, it will be processed on Monday. I was just curious if there was a precedent to approve the trade, so the players traded can play for their new teams that weekend.

2014 SOI Keeper Fantasy Football League - Kid - 10-30-2015

I don't object, but I'll defer to BT.

Also, with all these trades going on, just a reminder that we have changed the draft order starting next season.  Now the #1 pick goes to the best record among the 4 non-playoff teams.  The worst overall league record gets the #4 pick.  Here is next year's draft order:

1. 7th place regular season team (best record of non-playoff teams)

2. 8th place regular season team

3. 9th place regular season team

4. 10th place regular season team (worst record of non-playoff teams)

5. Worst regular season record of non-championship game playoff teams

6. 2nd worst regular season record of non-championship game playoff teams

7. 2nd best regular season record of non-championship game playoff teams

8. Best regular season record of non-championship game playoff teams

9. Championship game runner-up

10. League champion

2014 SOI Keeper Fantasy Football League - BT - 10-30-2015

I should probably exempt myself, as I'm playing one of the teams involved in the trade.

That being said, if Kid's cool with it, I'm OK as well, but they really need to be done Friday, so people can at least take Saturday to look at it.

2014 SOI Keeper Fantasy Football League - Kid - 10-30-2015

Why don't we do this? If anybody objects to the trade being processed, speak up by Saturday.  If not, one of us will process it Sunday morning (send us a message if it hasn't happened yet).

2014 SOI Keeper Fantasy Football League - PcB - 10-31-2015

Ok cool. Like I said I didn't want to rock the boat, but I just thought if we both agreed to the trade why not have those players available to us as soon as possible.

2014 SOI Keeper Fantasy Football League - VanSlawAndCottoCheese - 10-31-2015

Well, I'm playing PcB this week, and I'm fine with the trade going through before tomorrow. In fact, I'm more satisfied with this trade than most of the others that happened this week in terms of assessing equity between teams.

2014 SOI Keeper Fantasy Football League - Kid - 11-01-2015

So, uh, I processed the trade last night as requested ...

2014 SOI Keeper Fantasy Football League - PcB - 11-02-2015

Well that's a sucky thing that happened.

2014 SOI Keeper Fantasy Football League - PcB - 11-03-2015

Quote:Well, I'm playing PcB this week, and I'm fine with the trade going through before tomorrow. In fact, I'm more satisfied with this trade than most of the others that happened this week in terms of assessing equity between teams.

For the record I think both of the trades I made were legit. I traded a great keeper who's having an excellent season for an injured Dez with Matt Cassell throwing to him.

But I know you're talking about Forsett for Julio. Because that didn't make any sense unless I missed that some picks were involved.

2014 SOI Keeper Fantasy Football League - Kid - 11-03-2015

Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="VanSlawAndCottoCheese" data-cid="266442" data-time="1446328203">
Well, I'm playing PcB this week, and I'm fine with the trade going through before tomorrow. In fact, I'm more satisfied with this trade than most of the others that happened this week in terms of assessing equity between teams.

For the record I think both of the trades I made were legit. I traded a great keeper who's having an excellent season for an injured Dez with Matt Cassell throwing to him.

But I know you're talking about Forsett for Julio. Because that didn't make any sense unless I missed that some picks were involved.

</blockquote>

Except that Forsett is a 6th round keeper next year (Julio is a 1st round keeper next year; Amari Cooper, the "great keeper" you traded is a 4th round keeper next year), and Clapp is 0-8, so he was not only looking for keeper value but also somebody that would keep him from tanking this year so he doesn't end up with the #4 draft pick for having the worst record in the league.

2014 SOI Keeper Fantasy Football League - PcB - 11-03-2015

[quote name="Kid" post="266530" timestamp="1446554049"]

[quote name="PcB" post="266528" timestamp="1446549935"]

[quote name="VanSlawAndCottoCheese" post="266442" timestamp="1446328203"]

Well, I'm playing PcB this week, and I'm fine with the trade going through before tomorrow. In fact, I'm more satisfied with this trade than most of the others that happened this week in terms of assessing equity between teams.[/quote]

[/quote]

Except that Forsett is a 6th round keeper next year (Julio is a 1st round keeper next year; Amari Cooper, the "great keeper" you traded is a 4th round keeper next year), and Clapp is 0-8, so he was not only looking for keeper value but also somebody that would keep him from tanking this year so he doesn't end up with the #4 draft pick for having the worst record in the league.[/quote

Still not a great trade value wise. You did well. Forsett is not very good and Cooper is very good. Clapp can keep Cooper for 3 more years, he's probably not going to want to keep Forsett. I'm not complaining, I'm congratulating you.

2014 SOI Keeper Fantasy Football League - VanSlawAndCottoCheese - 11-03-2015

Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Kid" data-cid="266530" data-time="1446554049">

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="PcB" data-cid="266528" data-time="1446549935">

[quote name="VanSlawAndCottoCheese" post="266442" timestamp="1446328203"]

</blockquote>

Except that Forsett is a 6th round keeper next year (Julio is a 1st round keeper next year; Amari Cooper, the "great keeper" you traded is a 4th round keeper next year), and Clapp is 0-8, so he was not only looking for keeper value but also somebody that would keep him from tanking this year so he doesn't end up with the #4 draft pick for having the worst record in the league.[/quote

Still not a great trade value wise. You did well. Forsett is not very good and Cooper is very good. Clapp can keep Cooper for 3 more years, he's probably not going to want to keep Forsett. I'm not complaining, I'm congratulating you.
</blockquote>

This. If Clapp did a better shopping Julio around, he could've gotten more than Forsett, a 30-year-old "keeper" who is barely a top 20 RB this year and in all likelihood doesn't open camp as a starting RB next year. Hell, I would've thrown around next year's draft picks at the very least. It's a head-scratcher, but that's the way it goes sometimes.

Also, I liked the Cooper-for-Bryant deal slightly more for the Cooper side, actually. The other weird one was Marshall for Mariota.

2014 SOI Keeper Fantasy Football League - Kid - 11-03-2015

Hard for that to come across as something other than sour grapes.  I can't remember a trade conducted in the history of this league that was done because somebody said X is available to the highest bidder.  I can't say for sure that it's never happened, I just don't remember it.  I certainly don't remember being involved in a trade like that, and I am 100% certain that in none of the 3 other trades conducted last week did anybody reach out to me and see if I wanted to beat the current price.

We don't usually have a lot of trades.  If you want to work out a deal, get off your ass and go do it.  Don't just gripe after the fact.

2014 SOI Keeper Fantasy Football League - VanSlawAndCottoCheese - 11-03-2015

Of course it's sour grapes. It doesn't mean I'm not right.

I reserve the right to gripe, man. It's the goddamn internet--and fantasy football on top of that--after all. I'm not saying it should be rescinded or that the trade is shrouded in infelicitous circumstances; I'm just unhappy that the most powerful team in the league got more powerful whilst giving up piffle.

I do find

Quote: If you want to work out a deal, get off your ass and go do it

pretty funny though, considering most trades are consummated while an abundance of ass-sitting is taking place.