Sons of Ivy
SOI ESPN Keeper League - Printable Version

+- Sons of Ivy (https://sonsofivy.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other (https://sonsofivy.com/forum/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Not That Kind of Fantasy (https://sonsofivy.com/forum/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: SOI ESPN Keeper League (/thread-8039.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

SOI ESPN Keeper League - Clapp - 03-17-2010

Sigh, completely forgot about the keeper deadline until 3 minutes after the freaking deadline. Fucking unbelievable. There goes Chase Utley I guess.

SOI ESPN Keeper League - chitownwinninitall - 03-17-2010

<!--quoteo(post=83119:date=Mar 17 2010, 04:08 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Mar 17 2010, 04:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Sigh, completely forgot about the keeper deadline until 3 minutes after the freaking deadline. Fucking unbelievable. There goes Chase Utley I guess.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Glad I'm not the only one who fucked up. I had 5 central stuck in my head. Looks like Hanley is out there to be had.

<!--quoteo(post=83126:date=Mar 17 2010, 03:49 PM:name=chitownwinninitall)-->QUOTE (chitownwinninitall @ Mar 17 2010, 03:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=83119:date=Mar 17 2010, 04:08 PM:name=Clapp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clapp @ Mar 17 2010, 04:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Sigh, completely forgot about the keeper deadline until 3 minutes after the freaking deadline. Fucking unbelievable. There goes Chase Utley I guess.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Glad I'm not the only one who fucked up. I had 5 central stuck in my head. Looks like Hanley is out there to be had.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I seriously did the same thing... had 5 MT in my head. Oh well I guess.

And if I'm picking ahead of you, I won't take Hanley. Just hope I can somehow get Utley back.

SOI ESPN Keeper League - Coldneck - 03-17-2010

Geez. Nothing like waiting until the last minute. CC made 2 reminders.

Did either of us blame anybody? My fantasy baseball keepers are way down on the list of things on my mind during the offseason. It's a pretty easy mistake.

SOI ESPN Keeper League - Coach - 03-17-2010

<!--quoteo(post=83126:date=Mar 17 2010, 05:49 PM:name=chitownwinninitall)-->QUOTE (chitownwinninitall @ Mar 17 2010, 05:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=83119:date=Mar 17 2010, 04:08 PM:name=Clapp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clapp @ Mar 17 2010, 04:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Sigh, completely forgot about the keeper deadline until 3 minutes after the freaking deadline. Fucking unbelievable. There goes Chase Utley I guess.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Hell, you should have taken my trade for him. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]

How many didnt set their keepers?
Wont those guys "pick against" each other the first 3 rounds?

SOI ESPN Keeper League - chitownwinninitall - 03-17-2010

<!--quoteo(post=83146:date=Mar 17 2010, 06:39 PM:name=Coach)-->QUOTE (Coach @ Mar 17 2010, 06:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=83126:date=Mar 17 2010, 05:49 PM:name=chitownwinninitall)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (chitownwinninitall @ Mar 17 2010, 05:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=83119:date=Mar 17 2010, 04:08 PM:name=Clapp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clapp @ Mar 17 2010, 04:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Sigh, completely forgot about the keeper deadline until 3 minutes after the freaking deadline. Fucking unbelievable. There goes Chase Utley I guess.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Hell, you should have taken my trade for him. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]

How many didnt set their keepers?
Wont those guys "pick against" each other the first 3 rounds?

I should have. That was part of my problem, other than Hanley I couldn't decide on my keepers so I was trying to do as many mock drafts as I could with all kinds of combinations and thought I could get home from work before the deadline to set them today.

I think three of us didn't set all three keepers, and a couple only selected two keepers.

SOI ESPN Keeper League - ColoradoCub - 03-17-2010

I don't understand why you guys would wait? There is no competitive advantage by waiting until the last minute. You can edit your selections at any time before the deadline. Nobody but me or Andy can tell who your keeper selections are before the deadline, and the only reason I looked was to see whether you'd made your keeper selections or not. Plus I gave you all 3+ warnings that said 5PM EST. Oh well.

SOI ESPN Keeper League - ColoradoCub - 03-18-2010

And just so that it's clear...

Your Live Draft is scheduled for Sun., Mar. 21 at 8:30 PM ET

That's 7:30PM CST, 6:30PM MST and 5:30 PM PST

SOI ESPN Keeper League - Coach - 03-18-2010

<!--quoteo(post=83153:date=Mar 17 2010, 11:39 PM:name=ColoradoCub)-->QUOTE (ColoradoCub @ Mar 17 2010, 11:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I don't understand why you guys would wait? There is no competitive advantage by waiting until the last minute. You can edit your selections at any time before the deadline. <b>Nobody but me or Andy can tell who your keeper selections are before the deadline, and the only reason I looked was to see whether you'd made your keeper selections or not. </b> Plus I gave you all 3+ warnings that said 5PM EST. Oh well.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I noticed that you only kept 2 guys this year.
Could it be that you noticed that guys hadn't set their keepers and wanted a shot at them in the 3rd round?

(Not at all saying that you or anyone did that, but it could happen, right?)

<!--quoteo(post=83186:date=Mar 18 2010, 08:50 AM:name=Coach)-->QUOTE (Coach @ Mar 18 2010, 08:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=83153:date=Mar 17 2010, 11:39 PM:name=ColoradoCub)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ColoradoCub @ Mar 17 2010, 11:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I don't understand why you guys would wait? There is no competitive advantage by waiting until the last minute. You can edit your selections at any time before the deadline. <b>Nobody but me or Andy can tell who your keeper selections are before the deadline, and the only reason I looked was to see whether you'd made your keeper selections or not. </b> Plus I gave you all 3+ warnings that said 5PM EST. Oh well.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I noticed that you only kept 2 guys this year.
Could it be that you noticed that guys hadn't set their keepers and wanted a shot at them in the 3rd round?

(Not at all saying that you or anyone did that, but it could happen, right?)

If that was the case, I wouldn't have kept anyone so that I had a shot at getting Ramirez with my first pick. I was basically down to either keeping Morneau or Brandon Phillips but I couldn't justify either of them after reviewing ADP's, not to mention Morneau's injury, which scared me off a bit, and the fact that he plays at a deep position.

SOI ESPN Keeper League - Coach - 03-18-2010

Yeah, I didn't mean to come off like that I thought that was your intentions, but it could possibly happen right?

I wasn't aware that Admins had the power to see Keepers.

<!--quoteo(post=83200:date=Mar 18 2010, 09:52 AM:name=Coach)-->QUOTE (Coach @ Mar 18 2010, 09:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Yeah, I didn't mean to come off like that I thought that was your intentions, but it could possibly happen right?

I wasn't aware that Admins had the power to see Keepers.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I have the power to edit them for people. It could happen. I just checked the page on on Monday to see whether they'd been selected or not, and then sent e-mail and PM reminders to the owners that hadn't set them.

SOI ESPN Keeper League - Clapp - 03-18-2010

I should've kept Utley long ago, but I actually had a good reason to wait on the others(and would've been better off waiting the whole month actually) because of Jose Reyes' status. Fella also had a trade with me ready to go in the last few days, where he gets my 18th pick in exchange for Sizemore, who I'd then keep. The problem is I would've had to release Reyes(you can't manage players on the DL during the offseason, would have to release him) to do so, and was trying to decide the last few days if that would be worth it.