Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Killers of the Flower Moon
Tell me how much you loved it Butch and why is Marty still the greatest...
My college-aged daughter is currently on a huge Scorsese kick. Which, honestly, if she has learned nothing else from me, at least she learned this...
lol awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(01-07-2024, 02:35 PM)Butcher Wrote: My college-aged daughter is currently on a huge Scorsese kick. Which, honestly, if she has learned nothing else from me, at least she learned this...

Meanwhile my u of if I attending step daughter walked in on me watching the Irishman and told me how much she hated it and there’s too much dialogue…

(01-07-2024, 02:36 PM)funkster Wrote:
(01-07-2024, 02:35 PM)Butcher Wrote: My college-aged daughter is currently on a huge Scorsese kick. Which, honestly, if she has learned nothing else from me, at least she learned this...

Meanwhile my u of if I attending step daughter walked in on me watching the Irishman and told me how much she hated it and there’s too much dialogue…

At least she isn't related by blood.
(01-08-2024, 12:16 PM)Butcher Wrote:
(01-07-2024, 02:36 PM)funkster Wrote:

At least she isn't related by blood.

I didn’t care for it.

(01-19-2024, 08:13 PM)rok Wrote: I didn’t care for it.

Who are you?
It was just painfully depressing from beginning to end, and the weird way Scorsese inserted himself in that corny radio bit at the end left a bad taste in my mouth.

Oh man, I really liked the ending. It was kind of a meta-acknowledgement that this is an old white man telling a story about the Osage. I thought it was a clever way to wrap it up and kind of a preemptive way of anticipating that type of criticism.

The depressing thing? Yes -- it was thoroughly depressing and there wasn't really any way to alleviate that. Some movies with a really heavy theme will find a way to inject some humor or some other way to offer some relief. But nothing like that here.
Totally with you Butch.