Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great post in the history of SOI
I once made a post about Dale Murphy.  Who is not in the hall of fame because his career was ending just as home run number started going crazy.  He was leading the league with 36 homeruns, but when he was eligible to be voted in his numbers where unimpressive.  I think I compared his home run rank over 6 years to the number of homeruns the person with the same rank hit in the last six years when I wrote the post and he would have hit over 50 homeruns 5 of those years.
It made sense in the post.

Steve Garvey had a similar fate. When I was listening to Dodger games as a kid, he was a future hall of famer.  The numbers changed so much so quickly that some great careers have been almost forgotten.
I like you guys a lot.
I think Murphy should definitely be in. I can't get on board with Garvey...because fuck Steve Garvey.
Total aside, but I was born in Georgia (moved to IL in the 2nd grade) and the Braves and Murphy were my first baseball love. I dropped them fast and become a Cubs fan when we moved. Braves went on to dominate in the 90s, and I hated them for it, but I have zero regrets.

https://www.batterypower.com/2022/11/7/2...ale-murphy