Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cormac McCarthy
So i'm just finishing up Blood Meridian and I enjoyed it. What's another of his books that's a good read? Suttree has been recommended to me but I figured i'd get some opinions first. Butch? I know you are a fairly heavy reader like myself any suggestions?
<!--quoteo(post=76367:date=Jan 16 2010, 07:36 PM:name=funkster)-->QUOTE (funkster @ Jan 16 2010, 07:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->So i'm just finishing up Blood Meridian and I enjoyed it. What's another of his books that's a good read? Suttree has been recommended to me but I figured i'd get some opinions first. Butch? I know you are a fairly heavy reader like myself any suggestions?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Blood Meridian is amazing. It's probably my favorite of his books. No Country and The Road are both awesome, too. The style is a lot different from Blood Meridian, though -- much more spare in their detail.

I haven't read Suttree yet, but it's on my list. I've been told The Crossing is great, but I haven't read it yet, either.

I did read All the Pretty Horses and liked it. I wouldn't put it up against Blood Meridian, but it's still damn good.

Really, you probably can't go wrong with McCarthy. If you enjoyed Blood Meridian, you'll like the rest of his stuff.
I think i'll try The Road. Unfortunately I saw the Coen Brothers version of No Country For Old Men, which was fantastic, before I got the chance to read the book. I kind of wish I had read it first.
I'm halfway through Suttree. I won't go into detail, but it is also excellent. I've only read The Road and No Country so far all the way through, but all three are quite different yet all awesome in their own way.