Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Final Storm
I watched this on Netflix the other day, and it actually wasn't bad. It's got some interesting ideas, and a nice setup, but ultimately doesn't really follow through.

It's somewhat of a character study, concerning a family living on a remote farmhouse during a period in which the entire planet is suffering from varying degrees of natural disasters. During a particularly bad storm, a stranger (played by Luke Perry!) stumbles into their home. The family takes him in, and find the next day that they are essentially cut off from society. Things go in a somewhat predictable direction from there. I'm not sure I liked the ending, but the very end saved it from what had been a fairly banal showdown.

Now you might ask yourself why I would bother to review a minor B picture like this, and you'd pretty much be right. The thing about this movie that shocked me (other than the amount of work Lauren Holley has clearly had done on her in recent years), is that it's directed by Uwe Boll, and it's not a complete and utter piece of shit. This is as astonishing to me as if I were to find out that the Coen brothers are directing the next sequel to "Date Movie".

I can't say that I totally recommend it, and even though Boll has shown flashes of being able to direct something like this ( I half remember watching a movie of his called "Blackwood" years ago that could be considered similar), I was still floored by the actual level of professionalism on this one.
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
I have read that his most recent movie called Rampage is supposed to be really enjoyable. I have my doubts though.