Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
These upcoming horror movies may not end up sucking
[quote name='BT' timestamp='1320465204' post='175153']

[quote name='rok' timestamp='1319603473' post='173792']

So catching up on my Halloween viewing, "Attack the Block" turned out to be just ok. Really nothing special and the kid actors were quite annoying for the most part. Thank god for subtitles. At least the aliens were kinda cool in a cartoonish, though not scary, sort of way, so it wasn't a total waste. That said, Nick Frost was underutilized and not that funny. Meh. Once again the genre critics jizz all over themselves for no reason. 2.5/5 stars.

[/quote]

tired, and a bit tipsy, but I have a hard time arguing with any of this. It's not really an invasion movie, the "heros" are complete assholes (hey everyone, let's root for the jag offs that robbed the poor nurse!), and much of it is unintelligible.

Truth.

[/quote]

That's reassuring. For a second there, I thought I was the only one on the planet who wasn't impressed at all.

This brings me to the rest of my list that I watched over Halloween week. I honestly can't recommend any of those movies. "Dream Home", "Phase 7", "Tucker and Dale Vs Evil" and "Stake Land" have been the only genre movies that I enjoyed this season, and even those were highly flawed films. Good thing I watched some old black and white classics to pass the time or else I'd be really bummed out. What a horrible year for horror and film in general. The dumbing down of cinema continues.

Messages In This Thread
These upcoming horror movies may not end up sucking - by rok - 11-05-2011, 01:45 AM