Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
These upcoming horror movies may not end up sucking
Caught up on a few horrors on Netflix the past few days (between Cubs games). Some were better than others:

The Hallow (Not to be confused with The Hollow, also on Netflix): This was probably my favorite out of this bunch. The movie is pretty intense throughout, with very little letup. However, it does have its fair share of cheap jump scares though that catches you off guard. I think my wife screamed 6 six times throughout the movie. She was really freaked out by it. With low expectations going in, it wasn't bad. I had fun watching it.

The Invitation: This one is definitely a slow burn, and I think I almost fell asleep a few times during it. Lots of awkward dialog and events, that makes you feel uncomfortable as the viewer. Finally - if you can make it to the end - the payoff makes it somewhat worth staying awake for.

The Uninvited: A Psychological thriller that's kind of a snooze with a big plot twist at the end. I have to admit, I was surprised by the twist, but even so the movie kind of meh for me. It seemed like a cookie cutter thriller to me.

I just want to drink beer and play atari

Messages In This Thread
These upcoming horror movies may not end up sucking - by chshdsck - 10-14-2016, 08:10 AM