Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
These upcoming horror movies may not end up sucking
Watched an interesting one over the week in The Sacrament. It's classified as a horror, but not really scary at all. It's a mockumentary taken of a U.S. based cult located in Guyana, South America. After watching it I read that the film was a fictionalized account of what occurred in Jonestown (named after cult leader Jim Jones) in 1978. Looks like The Sacrament was a pretty accurate account of some of the shit that went down: film crew coming to document the cult, shootings, mass suicide, etc...

Shortly after watching it I also watched Jonestown: The life of Death of People's Temple, which was a real documentary done on the cult consisting of actually footage of the compound and interviews with former cult members. Crazy shit. I didn't realize that's where the term "Drinking the Kool-Aid" originated from...from Jones convincing everyone (900+ people) to drink cyanide laced Kool-Aid. Unbelievable what a charismatic person can do to a bunch of people who think they have nothing going for them in life.

Pretty disturbing, but very interesting 

I just want to drink beer and play atari

Messages In This Thread
These upcoming horror movies may not end up sucking - by chshdsck - 10-20-2014, 11:15 AM