Sons of Ivy
These upcoming horror movies may not end up sucking - Printable Version

+- Sons of Ivy (https://sonsofivy.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other (https://sonsofivy.com/forum/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Movies, Music, Books, and Otters (https://sonsofivy.com/forum/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: These upcoming horror movies may not end up sucking (/thread-4693.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

These upcoming horror movies may not end up sucking - rok - 12-03-2016

Was just reading about it last night on Film School Rejects. Is it even horror Butch or just disturbing? I couldn't tell by the description.

These upcoming horror movies may not end up sucking - Butcher - 12-04-2016

Hard to classify. I guess I would file it under horror. Yeah. It's horror. Art-horror, maybe?

These upcoming horror movies may not end up sucking - Butcher - 12-22-2016

The Autopsy of Jane Doe. Solid little horror flick.

These upcoming horror movies may not end up sucking - Andy - 01-12-2017

Heard anything about this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGH-zJ9_uFs

These upcoming horror movies may not end up sucking - Butcher - 01-12-2017

I read about that yesterday. Annie Clarke (St. Vincent) directed one of the shorts, so that intrigued me... Smile

These upcoming horror movies may not end up sucking - rok - 01-12-2017

Yes, same here. This has been in the works for a while, so glad to finally see a trailer.

These upcoming horror movies may not end up sucking - Butcher - 01-13-2017

rok -- have you heard/read anything about Raw? I just saw a trailer for it and it looks insane. Word is that people were vomiting and passing out at screenings of the film at various festivals...

These upcoming horror movies may not end up sucking - rok - 01-13-2017

Yeah, I'm not sure I can stomach another French horror film.

These upcoming horror movies may not end up sucking - 1984 - 01-17-2017

Quote: 

Apparently I only see train movies these days. I recently watched "Train to Busan" on kat.tv. Never heard of it before, but it's a South Korean zombie movie. Pretty big budget actually, and one of the more entertaining zombie movies I've seen in a while. It's probably 20 minutes too long, but definitely recommended for fans of the genre. 

I just watched this yesterday!  Really enjoyed it.  Probably the first Korean movie I ever watched.  Really wasn't what I was expecting at all.  Now looking for more Korean stuff to watch.

P.S. I'm in love with the lead actress, Jung Yu-mi.  Smile

[Image: photo750769.jpg]

These upcoming horror movies may not end up sucking - BT - 01-17-2017

She's very easy on the eyes. The movie is a blast. Again, I think it could have cut out a bit and been just fine, but it's as good or better than any American zombie movie of the last 10 years or so. Great concept, some great characters, and a lot of action. 

If you are looking for another Korean movie to watch, "The Tower" was a lot of fun. Basically "The Towering Inferno" done with better effects, updated, and no O.J. Simpson. And if you are feeling truly international, "The Wave" from Norway is pretty good. Of course these are all genre movies. 

These upcoming horror movies may not end up sucking - 1984 - 01-18-2017

Quote:She's very easy on the eyes. The movie is a blast. Again, I think it could have cut out a bit and been just fine, but it's as good or better than any American zombie movie of the last 10 years or so. Great concept, some great characters, and a lot of action. 

If you are looking for another Korean movie to watch, "The Tower" was a lot of fun. Basically "The Towering Inferno" done with better effects, updated, and no O.J. Simpson. And if you are feeling truly international, "The Wave" from Norway is pretty good. Of course these are all genre movies. 

Easy on the eyes indeed.  Hard to believe she's turning 34.

Thanks, will take a look at those.

These upcoming horror movies may not end up sucking - rok - 01-29-2017

Finally watched Train to Busan the other night and really enjoyed it. Not my usual cup of tea when it comes to zombie movies (i.e. running zombies), but it hit most of the right notes for what it was trying to be. Agree that it probably should have been cut by about 30 minutes, but still worth at least one viewing. My only minor complaint is that there was never an attempt to address the root cause of the virus, or even explain how or why it spread so quickly, but that might have just been a distraction. Anyway, still highly recommended. A good double feature would be this and Snowpiercer.

These upcoming horror movies may not end up sucking - 1984 - 01-29-2017

Train to Busan really resonates now, considering what's happening at the US borders.  The zombies were really almost incidental to the plot.  The threat could have been an especially virulent virus and the same message would have been the same.

These upcoming horror movies may not end up sucking - BT - 01-31-2017

Quote:Finally watched Train to Busan the other night and really enjoyed it. Not my usual cup of tea when it comes to zombie movies (i.e. running zombies), but it hit most of the right notes for what it was trying to be. Agree that it probably should have been cut by about 30 minutes, but still worth at least one viewing. My only minor complaint is that there was never an attempt to address the root cause of the virus, or even explain how or why it spread so quickly, but that might have just been a distraction. Anyway, still highly recommended. A good double feature would be this and Snowpiercer.
http://www.indiewire.com/2016/09/seoul-station-trailer-train-to-busan-prequel-animated-zombies-yeon-sang-ho-1201730042/

These upcoming horror movies may not end up sucking - rok - 01-31-2017

Interesting. Too bad it's animated.