Sons of Ivy
Farm System - Printable Version

+- Sons of Ivy (https://sonsofivy.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Chicago Cubs (https://sonsofivy.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: The Friendly Confines (https://sonsofivy.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: Farm System (/thread-2732.html)

Farm System - vitaminB - 04-29-2014

Then in 98 I vaugley remember a RFer who set the world on fire.  The memory is fading though, like getting lighter and lighter.

Farm System - rok - 04-29-2014

Yeah. My Cubs dark ages were the '93-97 years. Barely paid attention to them. Too busy enjoying college. They were bad and I wasn't ready to forgive them for letting Maddux walk. Thank goodness for the Bulls.

Farm System - funkster - 05-01-2014

Don't know if anyone's been paying attention, but Baez has been walking quite a bit over his last few games.  Also, Wada is making a serious case for a call up to the bullpen at the very least.

Farm System - CFOrfan - 05-02-2014

I'll get to see the 4 Iowa-Nashville games tonight. Looking forward to seeing some of the guys.

Farm System - funkster - 05-03-2014

Bryant 4-5 with a HR today.

Farm System - rok - 05-03-2014

Baez 0-4 with 3 SOs. Hendricks with a mediocre outing as well with 5.1 IP and 3 ER, but at least had 8 K.

Farm System - AlexV - 05-04-2014

Quote:Baez 0-4 with 3 SOs. Hendricks with a mediocre outing as well with 5.1 IP and 3 ER, but at least had 8 K.

Meh... Wouldn't call that performance mediocre, two more outs and its a QS plus 8 K. Cant say the same about Baez, though.

Farm System - CFOrfan - 05-04-2014

Hendricks was solid. He threw about 70% strikes (68% I believe). Lots of cutters. His off-speed stuff is sort of flat, but he's pretty deceptive.

I've never been sold on Baez and think Alcantara will be better. When I say this I mean it- I would trade Baez for a player now. Build a package around Cargo/Stanton...whatever. The kid doesn't have what it takes to be the stud everyone thinks he will be.

Baez 0/4 with 3 more Ks. Now 0/12 with 8 Ks in the Nashville series.

Farm System - rok - 05-04-2014

Baez, Vitters and B.Jackson are all hitting under .200 now.

Quote:Baez, Vitters and B.Jackson are all hitting under .200 now.
Time to give up on the last two?

Farm System - rok - 05-04-2014

Probably not just yet, but come promotion time I wouldn't hold a roster spot for them.

Farm System - 1060Ivy - 05-04-2014

Quote:Probably not just yet, but come promotion time I wouldn't hold a roster spot for them.

Wouldn't Jackson and Vitters have to be exposed to waiver claims if they are removed from the 40 man roster?

Farm System - julio - 05-04-2014

Went to kane county to watch tseng pitch last night. He wasn't overly dominant but worked through some early struggles and coasted through the rest of the game. I think I had more fun watching him in the bullpen before the game.

Farm System - Auz - 05-04-2014

Baez definitely on struggle street