Sons of Ivy
Farm System - Printable Version

+- Sons of Ivy (https://sonsofivy.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Chicago Cubs (https://sonsofivy.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: The Friendly Confines (https://sonsofivy.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: Farm System (/thread-2732.html)

Farm System - funkster - 05-19-2015

Good news.

I suggest all stay off the BN comment section regarding Schwarber.  There is a guy arguing they trade him for Syndergaard (not sure why he thinks the Mets need him), because Syndergaard is a proven TOR guy in MLB (after what, three starts?) and because top college hitters over the past ten years haven't done much when theyve gotten to the majors despite minor league success.

Farm System - jstraw - 05-19-2015

The Mets aren't trading Syndegaard. wtf

Farm System - jstraw - 05-19-2015

I looked in over there. The stupid question is "would you trade Schwarber for Syndegaard?"

Well, yes.

On what planet do the Mets make that trade?

Farm System - VanSlawAndCottoCheese - 05-19-2015

Two starts.

Farm System - Butcher - 05-19-2015

Quote:Two starts.
Are you saying you wouldn't make that trade?

Just supplying information. 

Farm System - nakedman1664 - 05-19-2015

Quote:Good news.

I suggest all stay off the BN comment section regarding Schwarber.  There is a guy arguing they trade him for Syndergaard (not sure why he thinks the Mets need him), because Syndergaard is a proven TOR guy in MLB (after what, three starts?) and because top college hitters over the past ten years haven't done much when theyve gotten to the majors despite minor league success.
I've been leaning away from the comment section there recently. It's gotten a little crazy over the last couple months.

Farm System - rok - 05-19-2015

Some guy on Bleacher Report this morning suggested a deGrom/Plawecki for Castro/Vogelbach/Alcantara trade. That seems a little lopsided in favor of the Mets. These proposals are not rooted in reality.

In the comments a couple of Mets fans said Arrieta is a back of the rotation starter.

HA!

To be fair, the article also proposed RP Rafael Montero going to the Cubs as part of that 3-for-3 trade, plus Plawecki is a highly regarded prospect. Still, taking on pitching and giving up offense is typically the riskier move.

Quote:To be fair, the article also proposed RP Rafael Montero going to the Cubs as part of that 3-for-3 trade, plus Plawecki is a highly regarded prospect. Still, taking on pitching and giving up offense is typically the riskier move.
Correct. Forgot that piece. Still would be a tough one to swallow given that deGrom is essentially a #3, and the pieces going their way still have higher projected ceilings.

Farm System - funkster - 05-19-2015

Quote:I looked in over there. The stupid question is "would you trade Schwarber for Syndegaard?"

Well, yes.

On what planet do the Mets make that trade?

Maybe they would put Schwarber at SS?

I don't know, young arms still make me nervous.  He's already had elbow issues.

Farm System - Runnys - 05-19-2015

Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="VanSlawAndCottoCheese" data-cid="246817" data-time="1432078841">
To be fair, the article also proposed RP Rafael Montero going to the Cubs as part of that 3-for-3 trade, plus Plawecki is a highly regarded prospect. Still, taking on pitching and giving up offense is typically the riskier move.
Correct. Forgot that piece. Still would be a tough one to swallow given that deGrom is essentially a #3, and the pieces going their way still have higher projected ceilings.

</blockquote>
I'm not saying I would make this trade, but, I have no problem trading Vogelbach to help our team.  He is a man without a position.  If another team is willing to fill a current need of ours in order to get Vogelbach then I trade him and not feel bad about his ceiling one bit.  In our organization, his ceiling is much lower than in another organization.

I don't disagree on Vogelbach at all. However, if we do trade him, hopefully it is to an AL team in order to maximize his value.

Quote:I don't disagree on Vogelbach at all. However, if we do trade him, hopefully it is to an AL team in order to maximize his value.
I came here to say this. Our best bet with him is making a deal with an AL team.