8 replies to this topic

#1 5412

JC Ball

• Private Access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 19:35

Hi,

I think Cubby Experience was the term Pinella used to describe the team. The idea being that somehow, someway something bad always seems to happen to the Cubs just when things were looking positive.

Now we have Garza coming out after three innisngs suffereing from sypmtoms of jack-off fatigue just about the time they are trying to pull of a mega-deal and trade him. If they put him on the DL, it goes past the trade deadline.

Now the Cardinals are up by nine and still batting. Moreland was quick to point out on the radio that Russell and Camp are leading the league in appearances. My first thought was how soon before their arms fall off and they are no longer effective?

Down by 9, two out in the 7th. Too bad MLB does not have a slaughter rule.

regards,

#2 riterev

riterev

Batgirl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 19:37

Too typical

#3 5412

JC Ball

• Private Access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 19:54

Hi,

Well the Cardinals put up a 12 spot in the 7th. 17 men came to the plate, they hit 7 doubles, got three walks. Beltran struck out for the third out and gets to first on a wild pitch. It looked like the kind of crap you would see in a beer league softball team. It sure does reinforce the point we are really short when it comes to pitching.

As I wrote to a friend, when describing the Cubs, give me an 11 letter word beginning with cluster----.

While long time Cub fans have seen a lot of crap, tonight's was tough to take.

regards,

#4 jstraw

jstraw

Vainglorious smarmy-pants

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,115 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 19:54

"Cubby Occurrence" and Piniella can go to hell.

#5 5412

JC Ball

• Private Access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 20:05

"Cubby Occurrence" and Piniella can go to hell.

Hi,

Being I have lived a decade in the Tampa area, I kind of liked Pinella. Sad to say Cubby Occurance is much too appropriate a term.

Pinella is one of 30-something managers just in my lifetime who did not get it done. He was just a little louder than others but the results were the same.

Pinella is loved in Tampa yet LaRussa grew up with him and is not really highly regarded. As far as Cub fans are concerned Pinella is just one of a long line of managers who could not get the job done.

regards,

PS: I will tell you what is starting to piss me off. If the Cardinal manager was smart a lot of his starters would be going home early. If they start piling on it will come back to cause problems.

#6 Butcher

Butcher

Teats Rosenthal

• Administrators
  • 13,998 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 20:20

Somehow I didn't turn off the game. I'm a masochist.

#7 veryzer

veryzer

Glorious asshole

• Private Access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,210 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:16

I turned it off pretty quick. I feel fortunate.

#8 rok

rok

Chairman of the Board

• Administrators
  • 19,792 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 09:08

Luckily I could not watch. Now I expect this team to stay intact and end up a near .500 team by year end. So much for a full rebuild.

#9 1060Ivy

1060Ivy

Triple-A Ball

• Private Access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:56

Don't know if it was a Cubbie experience but it definitely sucked to hear that the potential ace of the staff and biggest trading chip was injured.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users